D-Link DSL Modem/Routers > Other DSL modem/routers

DSL-2741B DNS problem

(1/4) > >>

mcmurdock:
Hi, I am using DSL-2741B with EU_5.17 firmware. My local provider O2 is my provider for internet by ADSL 2+. And I have problem with my DNS servers. When I set everything like should be on my dsl, there is internet on DSL icon and should be working in my local lan. But local LAN is working (DHCP is on on DSL) but there is not internet. I have to change setting on my local adapter and put manually DNS servers. Than the computer are all right.

So I tried to put manually to DNS setup the dns servers and it is not working. Sometime is the setting working for some while, put only after DSL rebooting, and only for some couple of minutes. A try to put public dns (8.8.8.8) as well but it is same.

I can manage you some remote management or send some screens - but please help me. 

Thx Ales

FurryNutz:
Is there a DNS Relay option on the 2741 modems web page some where?

mcmurdock:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on January 30, 2012, 06:56:29 AM ---Is there a DNS Relay option on the 2741 modems web page some where?

--- End quote ---

I looked trough all settings but I did not find anything :(. But maybe I am looking bad. Thx Ales

ftp://ftp.dlink.cz/dsl/dsl-2741b/documentation/DSL-2741B_man_revC_2-20_eu_en_20080701.pdf

FurryNutz:
Page 32 of the manual shows DNS relay check box, that needs to be checked and enabled.

Also make sure your primary and 2ndary DNS are being filled in listed on page 24 of the manual as well.

I would recommend you contact your regional DLink support office for additional help on this modem.

mcmurdock:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on January 30, 2012, 01:36:26 PM ---Page 32 of the manual shows DNS relay check box, that needs to be checked and enabled.

Also make sure your primary and 2ndary DNS are being filled in listed on page 24 of the manual as well.

I would recommend you contact your regional DLink support office for additional help on this modem.

--- End quote ---

Please look here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/103482651797871554531/January312012

This is my setting.  It is not like in manual :P Ales

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version