• April 20, 2024, 03:25:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Remote Desktop, Citrix, and the D-Link DNS-726-4  (Read 4197 times)

amanson

• Level 1 Member
Remote Desktop, Citrix, and the D-Link DNS-726-4
« on: January 16, 2013, 07:02:11 AM »

I've got a D Link DNS-726-4 NVR networked with two DCS-6110 cameras.

It's working fine when I log into the IP address of the NVR from a PC on my network. Great, even.

However, as soon as I introduce one of our remote solutions, either RDP or a Citrix virtual desktop, the camera feeds on the NVR ONLY are black and don't display. Connecting to the individual IP addresses of the CAMERAS still works fine via RDP or Citrix. This would be fine, but the users will want the record and playback features of the NVR so they can review the cameras remotely.

Using the D Link software worked the same way. Great from a PC on the network, not visible from RDP or Citrix desktops. NVR firmware version 1.20.

In one instance, I was able to replicate the problem via RDP then console into the same computer in my server room and get it to work fine. Appears to be confined to remote solutions. Anyone else have this or solve this?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Remote Desktop, Citrix, and the D-Link DNS-726-4
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 07:14:42 AM »

Is the DNS-726 stood up in a corporate environment with a firewall?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

amanson

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 07:21:33 AM »

Is the DNS-726 stood up in a corporate environment with a firewall?

Yes. Turning the firewall (Symantec) off did not help, though.

Additionally, IP addresses of all three are regarded as Trusted Sites by IE9 (the browser in question).

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 07:23:53 AM »

What you are describing happens to cloud camera owners trying to access their cameras from the mydlink website from within a corporate network.  Black screen. . . but if you right click on the black screen you can capture a screenshot of the current frame.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

amanson

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 07:33:58 AM »

What you are describing happens to cloud camera owners trying to access their cameras from the mydlink website from within a corporate network.  Black screen. . . but if you right click on the black screen you can capture a screenshot of the current frame.

I was able to capture using the installed D Link software, so yes, that sounds right. Our preferred method of access will be via browser and IP address, though.

mgleal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 09:51:01 AM »

Good Day, im having the same problem...

We´ve about 6 cameras up and running, we have managed to install and configure D-link´s  D-ViewCam-NVR running fine in laptops and desktop computers, but it doesn´t work in  our virtual desktop enviroment.
On the Virtual Desktop, the software installs sucessfully, the cameras can be added succesfully, but the Multi-NVR Viewer only shows a black screen on everyone of them.
I can confirm in each of the cameras info that it is reproducing and the bitrate in average 1630 kbps.
Another funny thing is that if a right clic any of the cameras and capture a photo, the picture does comes up as if the video was showing.

Been @this for a week, users who need this app have virtual desktops so installing them the software out of ther VD is out of the question.

Here are some technical detais of the enviroment.
D-ViewCam NVR 1.2.0.8
Citrix XenDesktop versión: XenDesktop 4.0 Feature Pack 2
Citrix XenTools versión: 5.6.47101

Any Help will be greatly appreciated...