• March 28, 2024, 03:52:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DAP-1360 log interpretation?  (Read 10345 times)

ektorbarajas

• Level 2 Member
    • DJ ektorBarajas
DAP-1360 log interpretation?
« on: April 17, 2013, 07:40:38 AM »

Hi.

In order to achieve a reliable and stable WiFi I'd like to know if some one is able to explain what the following entries in the log means:

1) wlan0: Delete MC entry not found!

This entry appears several times

2) wlan0-vxd: A STA is rejected by 802.1x daemon - AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF

I've replaced the real MAC with an example

3) wlan0-vxd: Open and authenticated

4) dz_mgmt set virtual bitmap

5) wlan0-vxd: A STA is expired - AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF

Also replaced the real MAC

My DAP-1360 is configured as repeater with WPA2-AES and channel width 20Mhz, and mixed G and N
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 07:43:34 AM by ektorbarajas »

DennisOlof1

• Level 2 Member
Re: DAP-1360 log interpretation?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 08:13:21 AM »

I too get "Delete MC entry not found!" I think that can be ignored. And STA expired is when a laptop disconnects from the WLAN network, rejected is when you probably are using MAC filter.

ektorbarajas

• Level 2 Member
    • DJ ektorBarajas
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 08:34:52 AM »

Thanks again for your comments.

I've not any MAC filtering.

Will keep on testing

DennisOlof1

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 12:12:50 PM »

Ok. Well rejected could be if you enter wrong password perhaps ?

But I am sure STA expired is when a wireless client disconnects from the AP, I have noticed that when I do a shutdown of my laptop. As I have wrote before in my firmware bug thread, as long as the system do not crash or hang, what the logs say is not important. As of now, it seems there is a big of a debacle back and forth with some form of authentication issue, as I am running AP1 as "access point", and AP2 as "wireless client". So from time to time the get into a fight, not lasting to long with, de-authentication, and re-authenticaton, a bit strange. But still seems to work fine.

I have only found one serious bug, reload of wlan part firmware fails. Other than that the units seem to work as well as could be expected. The only way to get around bugs, errors etc it so work around it. Thats why I suggested the cable option, if you can do that, always select that option as it is the safest. Running a AP in access point mode, or using is as a wireless client seem that safest bet, as these two have been around since WLAN first came about.

Good luck

ektorbarajas

• Level 2 Member
    • DJ ektorBarajas
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 12:38:24 PM »

So far so good.

Seems that my WiFi and the internet are working fine.

the DAP 1360 sometimes reports connected time of 23541 secs (6.5 hours) and the users on the second floor have not complained  :D Since the DAP 1360 has some green / energy saving features, I think that when the connected time counter resets, is because there was no activity from the clients. Every time I open the web portal of the DAP 1360 it opens immediately, so I guess that it's working as expected.

Kind regards
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:44:18 PM by ektorbarajas »

DennisOlof1

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 09:11:51 AM »

ektorbarajas, the keep alive ping function should prevent the unit from going into energy saving mode, by using static dhcp you can set it up, easy. Should work fine after that.

ektorbarajas

• Level 2 Member
    • DJ ektorBarajas
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 09:41:08 AM »

Hi as today it has being 4 days and my WiFi seems to be working fine  ;D

By searching this forum and over internet I noticed that some wireless and internet dropping issues where due to Android devices not "playing nice" with WiFi devices when using WPA2-AES.

So I changed my security from WPA2-AES to WPA only-TKIP.

If any issue appears (hope not) will update the forums