• March 28, 2024, 10:04:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: android mobile app (View NVR) not working when remote  (Read 12603 times)

shenrich

• Level 1 Member
android mobile app (View NVR) not working when remote
« on: July 10, 2014, 10:57:22 PM »

We have a DNR-202L and a DCS 5020L camera. My laptop (Windows XP) can access both devices and playback video both locally and remotely. The local Windows 7 desktop is also working fine. (After much tweaking, of course.)
My Android 4.4.2 HTC phone has the mydlink Lite and the mydlink View NVR apps installed. They both work fine when running wifi on the network local to the dlink devices. You can see live video and playback just fine. But when running the mobile apps from the same remote network where the laptop works fine I have problems. The dlink Lite app will show the live camera video when directly accessing the camera, but if you click on the 202L device nothing happens. When running the View NVR app it auto-selects "remote" and seems to connect but there is no live video. Just a black screen. You can bring up the screen to select a playback time, but again no video shows up. You can swipe the four channels and all are black. The apps will not run at all on 4G. They insist on running WIFI to start up, which is not a deal breaker. I can not find anywhere to tweak anything on the phone and have not found any hints by surfing.