• May 09, 2024, 12:49:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Stream DCS-1130 video to a webpage  (Read 8136 times)

BobbyBreeze

• Level 1 Member
Stream DCS-1130 video to a webpage
« on: December 23, 2011, 12:02:22 PM »

Has anyone figured out how to stream the DCS-1130 to a webpage? I have the port forwarding setup from the linksys router and I can login to the camera control panel by simply typing in the IP address in the address bar of IE. But getting the right code on a webpage to stream just the video from the camera is a different matter. The webpage code to stream video I have found in the D-Link support forum is for other camera models and has not worked for this camera.

Thanks,
Bobby

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Stream DCS-1130 video to a webpage
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 01:27:29 PM »

Log into the DCS-1130 web interface and navigate to the LIVE VIDEO page; view the page source code; and copy the relevant video snippet to a new HTML file.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

BobbyBreeze

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 06:29:06 PM »

I wish it was that easy. I have already looked at the source code in the live video page which is also the process outlined in the support FAQ for other cameras. In those examples the code needed is easily identified and includes the camera IP. I can't find any discernible chunk of code from the source that contains what would be necessary to just stream the video. It is a large script containing all of the control functions for the panel. If anyone knows which section of code from the live video page source streams the video please copy and paste it into a message. Thanks

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 09:15:04 AM »

It's not as difficult as you might think.  All you need to do is copy the entire page source to a text file and rename the file extension from .txt to .html.  If you're not familiar with HTML coding, you can simply start deleting portions of the source code in the file; save the file under a new name; and see if the video still loads when you open the page in a browser. Continue this process until you've identified the relevant function.

BobbyBreeze

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 12:37:17 PM »

I have done some HTML coding more with WYSIWYG editors then from scratch, but copying the source code from the whole page and attempting to modifying it was where I was headed next. I will go at it and let you know how it works out. Thanks for the help.

Bob

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 04:11:14 PM »

You'll find some threads on other boards in the mydlink section of this forum where users extracted the relevant HTML code from the web interface.  The following thread should provide some guidance for extracting and using the relevant html source: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=42785.0