• April 25, 2024, 05:02:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Must Reset Router to connect to the internet after ISP internet connection loss.  (Read 2999 times)

Wack2K

• Level 1 Member

I have been having issues with my 655 router after an internet connection loss. 

When I lose internet from my ISP and the connection returns to my cable modem, I have to reset the DLink router before I can connect to the internet again using both wired and wireless devices.  Any ideas on how to correct this?  It is extremely annoying since I live in a semi-remote area and the internet connection drops for short periods quite frequently.

I am using the latest firmware 1.34NA, but this problem has been going on for nearly a year and I've tried many different things to no avail.

Please help!  Thanks.

ryan200

• Level 2 Member

when you loose your internet connection can you still get to your router configuration page?

Wack2K

• Level 1 Member

Yes.  I can connect to the router (and connect to the configuration screen) with all the devices, but I need to reboot the router if I want to connect to the internet.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member

I know this issue. Your cable modem is to blame here.
No fix as far as I know, at least nothing you can fix within the DIR besides playing with the static or dynamic IP setting.
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33