• April 19, 2024, 07:12:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR 655 with Wireless Printer  (Read 7359 times)

Vashan

• Level 1 Member
DIR 655 with Wireless Printer
« on: November 04, 2010, 03:23:33 AM »

Hey D-Link Forum,

I'm new to the forum and i joined because I have a problem that I cant fix.

I have a Brother DCP 585CW Wireless printer, its hooked up to the network,
no problems there. My Win7 system that is on a cabled connect works fine with it.
I go to Network in Win7, it automaticly detects there is a Printer connected to the network,
I hit "Install" and I can print.
On Wireless its a whole different story. I doesnt find the Printer, when I manually add it,
with a Correct IP adress and correct drivers, It just sais that the Printer is Offline and stays
that way, whatever I try. Tried it with 3 laptops, so that shouldnt be the problem.
I had a Linksys Router before this and all was fine. So there must be something in the new
Router that is blocking the laptops from reaching the Wireless Printer.

Please Help!

Thanks in Advance,

Vashan

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: DIR 655 with Wireless Printer
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 12:32:07 PM »

Hey D-Link Forum,

I'm new to the forum and i joined because I have a problem that I cant fix.

I have a Brother DCP 585CW Wireless printer, its hooked up to the network,
no problems there. My Win7 system that is on a cabled connect works fine with it.
I go to Network in Win7, it automaticly detects there is a Printer connected to the network,
I hit "Install" and I can print.
On Wireless its a whole different story. I doesnt find the Printer, when I manually add it,
with a Correct IP adress and correct drivers, It just sais that the Printer is Offline and stays
that way, whatever I try. Tried it with 3 laptops, so that shouldnt be the problem.
I had a Linksys Router before this and all was fine. So there must be something in the new
Router that is blocking the laptops from reaching the Wireless Printer.

Please Help!

Thanks in Advance,

Vashan

Hi Vashan,

Your Win7 system that is on a cabled connect works fine with it. Is the Wireless Brother plugged into the Win 7 Computer with an USB Cable?

The Brother Printer must be Wireless all the way around. It can't be plugged into a Computer with a USB Cable at all.

Also the Brother Software must be installed on all computers that you want to print from to the Brother Printer.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

Vashan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 01:00:42 PM »

The software is installed on all computers and I dont even have the USB cable,
so its wireless all the way. The problem is deffinatly the router, because
since I changed it, nobody on wireless is able to print. I changed all IP address,
everything is right. The must be some piece of software/firmware or whatever that
is blocking the everyone on the wireless network from printing.

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 04:02:48 PM »

The software is installed on all computers and I dont even have the USB cable,
so its wireless all the way. The problem is deffinatly the router, because
since I changed it, nobody on wireless is able to print. I changed all IP address,
everything is right. The must be some piece of software/firmware or whatever that
is blocking the everyone on the wireless network from printing.

Hi Vashan,

Is the Status Icon of the Brother Printer showing ready on all computers? I had a Brother, and it had a Status Icon to keep track of the Status of the printer.

Check the Network and Sharing Center on Vista and Windows 7 computers. Make sure that it isn't blocking anything on your Network.

Can all computers see the Wireless Printer?

Are all devices on your Network, listed in Network Filter and being allowed out and that includes the Printer?

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

mickeyfinn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 06:27:37 AM »

I'll make a suggestion which you may or may not have tried.  Try connecting each wireless laptop to the router directly and uninstalling then reinstalling the driver from the Brother printer.  Check that you can print to it that way, then unhook and see if you can now print to it via the wireless connection.

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 06:54:05 AM »

Check under the Advanced Wireless options.  There is a setting known as WLAN Partition:

WLAN Partition
    Enabling WLAN Partition prevents associated wireless clients from communicating with each other.

When on, it seems that the "wireless" adapter clients can not see other PCs or "printers."

Vashan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 09:31:09 AM »

Thank you so much smlunatick.
The problem was indeed the WLAN Partition option under
advanced wireless options.

Problem solved. Thanks again for all your replies.