• March 28, 2024, 10:02:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Unable To Log In  (Read 3975 times)

kdmccullum

• Level 1 Member
Unable To Log In
« on: August 11, 2010, 11:13:04 AM »

This is the second unit.  The first one reported that all 4 drives were bad so I replaced the 343 with a new one. This one didn't report the drives as being bad. I formatted the drives, rebooted and now I cannot log into the configuration page.  I can log into the applications page.  I can get to the default share on the drive, copy files and use it.  But I cannot change the configuration.  Is there any way reset everything back to factory defaults and start over?  I'm totally stuck.

I have an identical unit in the office that I setup and it has been working perfectly for months.  I did everything the same with this one and I am stuck.

Kurt

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Unable To Log In
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 11:16:30 AM »

Holding the reset button for more than 5 seconds on the back of the unit should reset the factory defaults.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

kdmccullum

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:23:16 PM »

Tried that.  Still just a login page that won't let me in.  In fact, nothing on the unit changed.  It just stayed powered up with no visible reboot.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 01:26:03 PM »

I had read somewhere else that you should try the following: (1) unplug the DNS-343 power cord; (2) wait for the device to cool; (3) reboot; (4) try the reset button procedure
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

kdmccullum

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 12:03:00 PM »

Thanks, but that didn't work.  Don't know what is going on with this unit.  I just want to reset the dang thing and start over. 

kdmccullum

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 03:30:34 PM »

UPDATE:  Pulled all the drives out and added them back one by one, formatting them as I went.  One of the drives was bad.  As soon as I found it, the problem went away.

Thanks for the help.

Kurt