• March 28, 2024, 02:14:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Just to Clarify things alittle  (Read 16209 times)

espiritu

• Level 1 Member
Re: Just to Clarify things alittle
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 07:03:57 AM »

I'm using the one at the top, but it isn't in Chinese (in terms of the interface stays in English).

Steve

ditto, no issues yet, but i havent tried the raid. It does see both my 1.5tb drives and i didnt lose any data when i did the firmware upgrade
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 03:31:59 PM by espiritu »

pf

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 07:56:00 AM »

I got the beta version from:

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/dlink.htm

Just to note that I'm not a 'heavy' user of the DNS-323 and mainly bought it to have a file server to stream movies and do the occasional manual back-up, so I have no idea if this firmware breaks quite a lot of other things.  The one I bought it for (Xbox) now works....

Steve

Hi again Steve,

I dowloaded that firmware [NAS202C_DLINKEu_DNS323.1.06b60(1.55.1106.2008)(BETA) , is it that one you're using?
It works, but I don't see my XBOX, may be I'm doing something wrong at the XBOX side. I'm using a fixed IP for the XBOX.
Which menue are you using to see the DNS-323 from the XBOX?
Does the DNS is seen like a PC or like a Media Center?
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, the XBOX can go to the Internet but don't see the DNS.

Have great time.
pf

pf

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 08:10:17 AM »

I'm using the one at the top, but it isn't in Chinese (in terms of the interface stays in English).

Steve

I forgot to tell you that within the firmware menu I see:

Current Firmware Version :      1.06
Firmware Date :     11/06/2008

Is it the same for you or something else?
It seems to me to be an older version because an old date...
I don't know...

pf

boxst

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 08:13:52 AM »

I downloaded the one you mentioned (1.06b60).

Have you enabled uPNP from the DNS-323?  Even without the new firmware my Xbox 'saw' the DND-323 it just wouldn't play anything.

You may also have to enable uPNP on your router (I have a Draytek and had to do that).

Steve

pf

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 08:59:51 AM »

Have you enabled uPNP from the DNS-323?  Even without the new firmware my Xbox 'saw' the DND-323 it just wouldn't play anything.

You may also have to enable uPNP on your router (I have a Draytek and had to do that).

Steve

OK, yes UPnP is enabled  on the DNS-323 and also on the router which is a Sagem Livebox from Orange.
I'm doing UPnP transaction between the DNS-323 and an HD DNS8620 media player from H&B since many months and it works.
The only reason why it won't work with the XBox is that this device has a need of the DLNA protocol which was (is not) implemented into the DNS-323 firmware.

Are you using fixed or DHCP IP address for the Xbox?
How do you see the DNS-323 into the XBox as a PC computer or a Media Center device?
In which menu do you see it within the XBox?

Best regards
pf

boxst

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 10:25:46 AM »

I just go to My Xbox and then Videos or Music and the DNS-323 appears (alongside my home computer).

Steve

pf

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 11:31:07 AM »

I just go to My Xbox and then Videos or Music and the DNS-323 appears (alongside my home computer).

Steve

Hi Steve,

I've tried to modify the XBox network configuration using the IP & DNS using DHCP .
Still the same problem, I don't see the DNS-323 from the XBox.
Don't know what's happening.

pf

pf

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 11:09:20 PM »

Steve

Hi Steve, (the others too...)

FYI I got the 1.06b65 beta version.
It works, however the GUI is in chinese!...
But no problem because identical to the english one.

Best wishes for this year end.
pf
Pages: 1 [2]