• April 19, 2024, 12:00:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Camera or Main Console? plus a few others..  (Read 3718 times)

eastrader

• Level 1 Member
Camera or Main Console? plus a few others..
« on: October 10, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »

Hi, new to this forum but not forum's in general, lol So I have a few questions since the search function does not allow subgroup search, and my manual search did not seem to show answers, so here goes:

1. Got the camera set up, after an hour on the phone with tech support not solving it, finally turned off my ESET firewall and away it went. However, What is with port 80 using Main Console? There are no directions on what to do if that is in use. Main Console seems to connect then disconnect because of it, anyone been able to use a different port? When I use web connect (mydlink) it stays connected as long as I want, but I can not record.

2. What setting have priority, the camera or main console? I set up no motion detection but it never records unless motion detection is on, tried both camera and main console and no joy so finally turned it back on for both. Is this a problem because of #1?

3. What IR frequency does it use? I see an unanswered question for this listed so adding it here in case someone has missed that question. 15 feet is just not good enough at night.

Thanks for the help in advance!  :)