• April 19, 2024, 06:28:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: issues when upgraded to firmware 3.11NA (DIR-615 REV. C)  (Read 9974 times)

Ronald_Rios

• Level 1 Member
issues when upgraded to firmware 3.11NA (DIR-615 REV. C)
« on: September 06, 2009, 06:40:01 AM »

I have a lot of issues connecting wireless with this upgrade, with the original one 3.01 I had no issues and now I can't go back  :-\

I think it has to do with the DCHP's router service since I can connect when I set a fixed IP address in my laptop.

I upgraded because it was supposed to fix several issues like the Advanced/Access Control, but it was a big mistake. I just hope they release a new version soon fixing v.3.11NA.

I would feel more than happy if they release a tool to go back to 3.01 that was a very stable version.

wainbee

• Level 1 Member
Re: issues when upgraded to firmware 3.11NA (DIR-615 REV. C)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 01:29:57 PM »

Here's a way to make the DIR-615 C1 wireless work to get you on the internet.  This isn't a solution for everybody because it works by bypassing some of the new features of this router.

I have a DIR-615 ver.C1. Followed all instructions and used automatic setups to get initialized.  All 4 wired ports worked great but wireless could not connect, or couldn't renew IP address, or established a "weak" connection with no browser connect.

Next, I updated the firmware from 3.01 to 3.11NA.  Finally got a laptop to connect, ran for about an hour, then, when I fired up a second laptop, I was stunned to see the 1st laptop lose signal and the 2nd pick it up.  Then the 2nd laptop lost it's connection and from then on, neither would work together or alone.  Any engineers or software developers that get a sniff of this suspect one thing: bad code in the firmware!

I've spent days on this product and am convinced that the firmware routines for auto channel scan or auto security mode are not fully tested or simply do not work reliably.

Here's what DOES work though!  Force the router to work on a fixed channel and in a fixed security mode.

1.  Choose Manual Wireless Setup
2.  Disable Wi-Fi Protect
3.  Disable Auto Channel Scan - set to CH. 7
4.  Set security mode to WPA-Personal
5.  Set WPA mode to WPA only
6.  Set Cipher to TKIP
Note: no reserved IP addresses, no MAC address filtering or other fancy features employed

johnny9562001

• Level 1 Member
Re: issues when upgraded to firmware 3.11NA (DIR-615 REV. C)
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 10:16:46 PM »

Here's a way to make the DIR-615 C1 wireless work to get you on the internet.  This isn't a solution for everybody because it works by bypassing some of the new features of this router.

I have a DIR-615 ver.C1. Followed all instructions and used automatic setups to get initialized.  All 4 wired ports worked great but wireless could not connect, or couldn't renew IP address, or established a "weak" connection with no browser connect.

Next, I updated the firmware from 3.01 to 3.11NA.  Finally got a laptop to connect, ran for about an hour, then, when I fired up a second laptop, I was stunned to see the 1st laptop lose signal and the 2nd pick it up.  Then the 2nd laptop lost it's connection and from then on, neither would work together or alone.  Any engineers or software developers that get a sniff of this suspect one thing: bad code in the firmware!

I've spent days on this product and am convinced that the firmware routines for auto channel scan or auto security mode are not fully tested or simply do not work reliably.

Here's what DOES work though!  Force the router to work on a fixed channel and in a fixed security mode.

1.  Choose Manual Wireless Setup
2.  Disable Wi-Fi Protect
3.  Disable Auto Channel Scan - set to CH. 7
4.  Set security mode to WPA-Personal
5.  Set WPA mode to WPA only
6.  Set Cipher to TKIP
Note: no reserved IP addresses, no MAC address filtering or other fancy features employed

hey just wanted to thank you. i open an account just to show my appreciation you solve a nightmare i've been dealing with for 2 months and even though i spoke to the d-link reps and was sent 2 new router nothing seem to work. However you specific instructions worked immediately, thank you. who knows how long this will really work for but hey thats a lot farther than i go and i am an A+ tech and studying CCNA so your either a genius or just had to much free time in your hands. Thanks a million