• March 28, 2024, 05:48:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: ActiveTV seems not working properly  (Read 9245 times)

jluizaf

ActiveTV seems not working properly
« on: April 01, 2008, 08:02:42 AM »

HI I have installed the 2.54.2926 version, but when the application is initializing we see the following mesages:

loading applications settings

The page you are trying to access could not be loaded, and may not be currently available. Ensure that you have a working internet connection.

Is it normal? How could I fix this problem ?

Tks.

JL

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: ActiveTV seems not working properly
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 04:39:56 PM »

Does the PC loaded with the ActiveTV software have Internet access?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

mycomputers.ca

• Level 2 Member
    • MY Computers Corp
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 09:43:36 AM »

I have the same probelm mine never worked.

jluizaf

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 09:38:33 AM »

Yes, the PC loaded with the ActiveTV software has Internet access.

And now ?

Thanks JL

ratid

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 10:47:08 AM »

for some reason or another, active tv dont work properly with xp firewall, even when active is given permission, turn off win firewall lt works fine. it works fine with mcafee firewall, its just slow to connect.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 04:28:17 PM »

jluizaf

Please check any anti-virus software you may have loaded for proper configuration to allow the ActiveTV software proper access network devices (DSM-520). If you are using your DSM-520 or PC wireless please check you wireless signal or check for environmental wireless issues you may have.

Bill

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 05:14:35 AM »

I had the same problem, for me the fix was giving the 'BeTwinSystem' driver access to the internet through the firewall.
the driver should be here    c:\windows\system32\drivers\betwinsystem.sys
Windows Live One Care Firewall shows it with a program name of 'BeTwin Terminal Services'

ratid

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 06:15:59 AM »

active tv version 2.57.3034.40742 seems to rectify many previously reported issues. the new version is only available if check for update is selected on the computer where active tv is installed. i dont know why its not listed as a download on the dlink site-i notice dlink does a poor job updating their overall site(im running vista-could b why its not available to the masses)

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 11:23:17 AM »

The Media Mall software from mediamall.com will work as well. We will be releasing an ActiveTV update very soon.

ratid

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 12:42:18 PM »

i didnt find Media Mall software nowhere on MediaMall.com, please provide the link.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 10:55:53 AM »

New ActiveTV software available on the DSM-520 support website.

ActiveTV 2.57.3034

http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DSM%2D520

mycomputers.ca

• Level 2 Member
    • MY Computers Corp
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 06:04:04 PM »

jluizaf

Please check any anti-virus software you may have loaded for proper configuration to allow the ActiveTV software proper access network devices (DSM-520). If you are using your DSM-520 or PC wireless please check you wireless signal or check for environmental wireless issues you may have.

it got a bit fruther this time it's saying logging in.. and just freezing my DSM-520. what ports does Active TV use? I might need to make sure they are open for proper communication.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 09:40:41 AM »

Please verify

1900 UDP
5000 TCP

rhebs

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 09:45:43 AM »

There are problems with both the D-Link firmware and the MediaMall software.  I'm using the latest of both.  I updated the DSM-520 first to 1.06.01 and it the unit had all kinds of problems.  It wouldn't play my MPEG files and WMV's were jumpy and stuttering.  Active-TV On-line would connect but would take forever to log into any site.  I decided to update the MediaMall software and things just got worse.  Now I can no longer log into Active-TV On-line consistently.  I've tried about 10 times and only gotten in once.  When I did log in, I noticed that some features were missing and not working (example- hulu shows up when I launch Active-TV On-line on my PC, it doesn't work, but it shows up.  While logged into the MediaMall software through the DSM-520, hulu doesn't even show up!)  I am regretting the day I purchased this.  So join the club of dissatisfied users.