• April 26, 2024, 04:47:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Swann Video Surveillance and Port forwarding/Virtual Server  (Read 7682 times)

hairymexican

• Level 2 Member

i cannot get any ports to open other than what i have open already which are port 1025 (tcp) and 1027 (tcp) for my two dns-323 dlink ftp servers and port 9000 (tcp and udp) for dvr-2500 via remotely for other pc's and that is it. after i go to virtual server and open port 5000 (udp and tcp) and i have tried udp only and tcp only (port 5000 is the number i want to open if you have a better suggestion cause i dont know what ports are available to be opened please say so) i have tried virtural server to open port 5000 and when i do that i hit save and i use canyouseeme.org to see if ports are open and which they are not so i go back into virtual server and i delete the entry for port 5000 to be open and i go to port forwarding and i enter port 5000 and hit save asks to reboot now or later i click now and it reboots i go to canyouseeme.org again and still closed port.  what am i doing wrong?  this is to see my home surveillance on my iphone 4 if that helps. 

hairymexican

• Level 2 Member
Re: Swann Video Surveillance and Port forwarding/Virtual Server
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 05:56:34 AM »

Update:  7-31-10

Ok so i figured out that in Port forwarding if you want to open any ports you must do as such i opened port 9000 so you have to type 9000-9000 in the tcp and or udp box i before was just putting 9000 and expecting it to be opened cause there were no such examples other than you can open ports 1050-5000 and 61 or something along those lines.  i dont know how to add a picture if anyone would like to help me with that i would like to add a pic here so maybe others who dont know can know.  i feel a bit dumb cause i have alot of knowledge with computers and my router but have never been told that is how to port forward.  so just add a - to your ports you want opened.  case closed.