• April 17, 2024, 11:44:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIVX format question  (Read 3438 times)

DeathNACan

DIVX format question
« on: June 04, 2008, 09:50:28 AM »

I have three DSM-520 Media Servers all hooked up to Samsung 720p / 1080i televisions.  All the DSM-520 Media Servers are configured for 1080i video output.  All my DSM-520 Media Servers are attached to my local area network via Ethernet connections and are pulling reserved IP's.   I am re-encoding my video files into DIVX format and need to know what are the exact settings I should use encode the video files for the highest quality video and audio playback.  Specifically:

Audio Bit Rate:
Audio Sample Rate:
Audio Format:
Video Bit Rate:
Video Frame Rate:
Video Compression:

Also, has anyone else run into problems getting garbled audio when using the HDMI connection and some Samsung 1080i TV's?  I think it may be a problem with the Samsung HDMI connection being either 1.0 or 1.1 HDMI specification.  I don't get it on my newer 1080p and 1080i models.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks  I believe I stopped getting the problem on some videos when I started re-encoding the audio to 192 bit rate but can't remember.

DeathNACan

Re: DIVX format question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 07:13:37 PM »

Okay, there is a piece of freeware software called FairUse Wizard that does an excellent job of ripping DVD movies into Divx format which in my testing is 100 percent compatible with the DSM-520 and the Playstation 3.  They make two versions, one Freeware and one Commercial.  There are minor limitations to the freeware version.  It seems to product the highest quality rips I have seen so far.