• March 28, 2024, 01:04:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-2230 setup problems  (Read 10065 times)

Filip

• Level 1 Member
DCS-2230 setup problems
« on: March 23, 2012, 01:02:22 AM »

Hi everyone,
I just bought a set of 2 DCS-2230 IP-camera's in order to secure my shop and register all movements, but I don't see the camera when I launch the setup wizard SE.  Via IE I can use the cam by typing the IP-adres, so it is on the network.
With the D-View software, the camera is not found either.

Can anyone tell me what I do wrong please ?

Grtz

Filip

Filip

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-2230 setup problems
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 02:36:35 AM »

I tried the wired setup and even put my router in the 192.168.0-range.  Everything still the same.  No contact via the d-link software. Ping works fine.

Filip

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 12:12:16 PM »

They are all in the same range ...
Router 192.168.0.254, IP cam 192.168.0.3, PC 192.168.0.2

Really cannot imagine what can be the problem

Thx in advance

joeglo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 04:10:20 AM »

Try disabling your anti-virus software before running the installation wizard.  I was having the same problem.  When I disabled my CA antivirus software, it immediately found the camera.

milus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 12:50:06 PM »

Which is your antivirus? I have Avast! 7.0.1426 installed, disabled web shield and everything works fine.
Now I'm trying to solve this issue (how to activate anti virus without losing video stream) Any clue?

slickster

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 10:12:29 PM »

In trying to set up the email to send video clips to, the DCS-2230 web interface refuses to accept the smtp server name with an error msg: "IP Address is Unlicensed." It's a perfectly good IP address of my smtp server, so I don't understand how to overcome this problem. Anybody else had this problem?

milus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 04:58:32 AM »

When you activate the antivirus program, do you lose the video stream? Does the program let you configure exceptions (e.g., if it's a firewall program)?
Exactly, as soon as I activate the antivirus the video stream stops. It is not a firewall, just Avast! antivirus free edition. It has different kinds of "Shields", among them "Web shield", "P2P shield" "Network shield" and "Script shield". Web shield seems to be the culprit, disabling it and then refreshing web browser recovers video stream.
Web shield is configurable through "expert settings". You can set exceptions for: "URLs to exclude", "MIME types to exclude" and "Processes to exclude". It's also set to scan all packers (*.cab, *.zip, etc.), but you can select which of them will be scanned.
The problem is I don't know what to exclude from scanning. Adding camera's URL doesn't help (or am I doing it the wrong way?)
Thanks for your help. :)

Whs

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 01:29:16 PM »

Filip

The protocol used to find DLINK cameras relies upon the ability for the computer to issue a "broadcast" packet(s).

Your machine, or your firewall/antivirus, or your router may be blocking
1) the broadcast packets sent from the computer, and/or
2) the responses sent back from the camera.

My guess is that something is blocking the camera from sending the response. Temporarily disable your firewall.
If you plan on running the installer alot you may have to get some help creating a temporary rule in your firewall to allow an exception.