• April 25, 2024, 11:48:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Program to activate motion detection in multiple cameras and scheduling  (Read 5160 times)

kobodera

• Level 1 Member

Right now I have made a program that does the first part. Turn on/off the firmware motion tracking in multiple DCS-932L cameras at once (I have no other cams so I dont know if it works with any other camera than the DCS-932L).

Next step will be to implement scheduling and I have a nice idea about how to do that. I still have to work with (or against rather) the firmware limitations so any kind of scheduling would have to be from an active program on a computer and not in the camera firmware.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone would be interrested in such a program?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Program to activate motion detection in multiple cameras and scheduling
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 09:23:44 AM »

Right now I have made a program that does the first part. Turn on/off the firmware motion tracking in multiple DCS-932L cameras at once (I have no other cams so I dont know if it works with any other camera than the DCS-932L).

Next step will be to implement scheduling and I have a nice idea about how to do that. I still have to work with (or against rather) the firmware limitations so any kind of scheduling would have to be from an active program on a computer and not in the camera firmware.

You can re-post this thread in the DCS series IP cameras board if you're looking for more visibility/testers.  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

patanv

• Level 1 Member

I am looking for just such a program. I have 930L network cam. 

I want to turn camera on and off when I come and go from facility. 

Currently I just manually physically turn the camera to the wall when I am in facility and facing away from wall when I leave. 

This is easier than logging into camera IP page and enabling/disabling.

cavalencia

• Level 1 Member

This is excellent. Do you know if it is possible to reset the camera on schedule using a similar program?  Thanks.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

This is excellent. Do you know if it is possible to reset the camera on schedule using a similar program?  Thanks.

The post your are replying to is > 1 year old...  :)

The latest DCS-932L firmware natively supports motion detection on a schedule. If you're interested in a method to reset the camera on a daily basis, a number of users have connected their network cameras to a house timer to force a daily power-cycle.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

sofaws

• Level 1 Member

Hello
can you look my thread? http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=58865.0
How do you enable / disable the detection from your application?
I don't find the command !
Thanks you !