• April 18, 2024, 06:45:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Sharing a VPN Connection  (Read 6979 times)

pmcgowan

Sharing a VPN Connection
« on: January 21, 2009, 09:49:08 AM »

Is there a way to share or bridge a VPN Connection with all of the computers connected on my router?  I'd like to allow all of my computers to access the corporate network without setting up a site-to-site VPN.
My router is the D-Link DIR-628.
I use a software VPN client "Juniper Network Connect".
All of my computers are Windows XP.

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: Sharing a VPN Connection
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 10:37:32 AM »

If the PC connecting is a sever OS you could just enable plane jayne routing to it, failing that ICS should be able to perform as needed if a virtual interface is created for the VPN network (one almost always is).  You will need to add some static routes and most likely other changes reguardless of these methods, this is a fairly complicated setup.

That said if I was running the corporate IT infrastructure I would not take kindly to this.  I am not telling you what to do, I was just compelled to add that.
non progredi est regredi

pmcgowan

Re: Sharing a VPN Connection
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 12:14:22 PM »

After I establish my VPN connection, the Juniper Network Connect Connection does not appear in Windows Network Connections where I can enable sharing.  However it does appear in the cmd console when I run "ipconfig /all". 
I presume that there is not virtual interface created for the VPN network.  How can I create one for it?