• March 18, 2024, 08:16:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WiFi Speed with xfinity 1Gbps service  (Read 1604 times)

Evgenovich

• Level 2 Member
WiFi Speed with xfinity 1Gbps service
« on: May 16, 2023, 12:13:51 PM »

Hello graveyard gang.  I'm still using my DIR-895L here at home.  Just upgraded my Xfinity modem and service to 1000 mpbs down/20 mbps up.  For computers directly wired to ethernet ports on the 895L it works great. 900+mbps download speeds.  But for WiFi, I'm limited to about 290mbps download speed from the internet.  Even on my wife's newer Android phone, standing right next to the 895L.  I've installed the KRACK v1.21B05 o/s update to the 895L.  I have all three WiFi bands turned on.  Anyone else encounter this?

Evgenovich

• Level 2 Member
Re: WiFi Speed with xfinity 1Gbps service
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 08:40:08 AM »

Update.  I finally gave up on D-Link's o/s and installed the DD-WRT version.  Wish I had done it years ago.  I now have access to all settings, even TX power settings, and no bugs detected yet.  Wired Ethernet speeds are around 930 Mbps and WiFi to our phones broke the 290 Mbps barrier-- 400+ Mbps now, even two rooms away. 

And, my wife and I work from home, totally dependent on the network.  For the first time I had no disruptions for a whole day using WiFi calling to the cellphone provider, and no disruptions using Cisco WebEx either. 

To load the DD-WRT o/s, I first had to wipe it clean of D-Link's version 1.21 and go back to 1.12 (which I still had as a .bin file on my PC), as outlined in another thread here.  Thanks for those instructions Fuzzy.