• March 28, 2024, 04:09:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: mydlink Lite App - Feature Wishlist  (Read 181830 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
mydlink Lite App - Feature Wishlist
« on: January 26, 2013, 12:20:07 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest software update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest release, please post and I'll update!

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• TBD

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: mydlink Lite App - Feature Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 06:25:09 AM »

Moved from the mydlink.com - Wishlist:

• mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Ability to change camera resolution from the iPad (to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Ability to temporarily disable notifications/emails remotely (with acccessing camera web interface)
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Add ability to adjust IR (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Add alert bade for motion detection on a user defined schedule
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen)
  • myDlink Lite (iPhone) - App does not properly fit iPhone 5 screen size
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Support Retina iPad display
  • mydlink Lite - Ability to cycle through all cameras registered on mydlink at a user defined interval

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 06:25:39 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest software update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest release, please post and I'll update!

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Ability to change camera resolution from the iPad (to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Ability to temporarily disable notifications/emails remotely (with acccessing camera web interface)
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Add ability to adjust IR (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Add alert bade for motion detection on a user defined schedule
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen)
  • mydlink Lite - Ability to cycle through all cameras registered on mydlink at a user defined interval

• mydlink Lite - Include audio playback capability [FIXED!]

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 08:23:06 AM »

here's my wish list. I know it is already mentioned, but I would really love to have this on the iphone app

mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Add ability to adjust IR (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface
mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen)

-----
This is not yet on this thread:
-mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Add the ability remote reboot the DCS camera.  Sometimes the camera will loose wifi connection after a period of time.  So this is just a preempt.  I wish the schedule reboot is embedded within the DCS firmware.

-mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Choose which video profile 1, 2,3,4 to use.  The dlink server should not even transcoding the video. So maybe allowing us to choose the video profile (e.g. I will set profile 2 as low setting) then we can save some bandwidth.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 10:29:09 AM »

-mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Add the ability remote reboot the DCS camera.  Sometimes the camera will loose wifi connection after a period of time.  So this is just a preempt.  I wish the schedule reboot is embedded within the DCS firmware.

-mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Choose which video profile 1, 2,3,4 to use.  The dlink server should not even transcoding the video. So maybe allowing us to choose the video profile (e.g. I will set profile 2 as low setting) then we can save some bandwidth.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 10:31:48 AM »

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Ability to remote reboot linked cameras
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Ability to select video profile (i.e. 1, 2,3, or 4 )
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Ability to temporarily disable notifications/emails remotely (with accessing camera web interface)

Kelly W

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 11:07:53 PM »

2 requests if not available...
These are specific to cameras like the DCS-5222L, or the 7010L that have a digital I/O port.

(1) display the state of the digital input line in the info box when viewing a live feed.

(2) When the user configures the camera's digital output port to be manually switched, add a control button/switch in the app that allows the user to manually set the output state from his/her phone.  This appears to be an option when logged into the configuration web server, but does not exist in the app or on the mydlink site. (If its there and I just can't see it, please let me know!)

These would be very useful for those looking for some simplistic home automation - like switching on/off a light, interfacing with a garage door opener, etc, etc, etc...

Thx,
Kelly

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 04:30:03 AM »

2 requests if not available...
These are specific to cameras like the DCS-5222L, or the 7010L that have a digital I/O port.

(1) display the state of the digital input line in the info box when viewing a live feed.

(2) When the user configures the camera's digital output port to be manually switched, add a control button/switch in the app that allows the user to manually set the output state from his/her phone.  This appears to be an option when logged into the configuration web server, but does not exist in the app or on the mydlink site. (If its there and I just can't see it, please let me know!)

These would be very useful for those looking for some simplistic home automation - like switching on/off a light, interfacing with a garage door opener, etc, etc, etc...

Thx,
Kelly

Added... ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 04:33:52 AM »

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• Add control to manually set the digital output port state (available on the web UI)
  • Ability to change camera resolution from the iPad (to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity
  • Ability to cycle through all cameras registered on mydlink at a user defined interval
  • Ability to remote reboot linked cameras
  • Ability to select video profile (i.e. 1, 2,3, or 4 )
  • Ability to temporarily disable notifications/emails remotely (with accessing camera web interface)
  • Add ability to adjust IR (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface
  • Add alert bade for motion detection on a user defined schedule
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen)
  • App does not properly fit iPhone 5 screen size
  • Support Retina iPad display
  • When viewing a live feed (from DCS522L/7010L) display the state of the digital input line

DJL

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 11:50:06 AM »

- Ability to enable/disable events (i.e. motion detection, with accessing camera web interface).

- Ability to access and set camera settings.

Kelly W

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 03:31:22 PM »

- add ability for the app to remember user names and passwords for more than 1 account.  Ex/ one at home, and one at the office...  Would be nice to not need to re-enter the info each time you change.

Thx,
Kelly

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 10:30:10 AM »

- Ability to enable/disable events (i.e. motion detection, with accessing camera web interface).

- Ability to access and set camera settings.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 10:30:24 AM »

- add ability for the app to remember user names and passwords for more than 1 account.  Ex/ one at home, and one at the office...  Would be nice to not need to re-enter the info each time you change.

Thx,
Kelly

Added...   ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 10:31:11 AM »

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• Option to disable events (i.e. motion detection, etc)
  • Ability to access and modify camera settings
  • Add control to manually set the digital output port state (available on the web UI)
  • Ability for the app to save multiple account setings (i.e. multiple username/password settings)
  • Ability to change camera resolution from the iPad (to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity
  • Ability to cycle through all cameras registered on mydlink at a user defined interval
  • Ability to remote reboot linked cameras
  • Ability to select video profile (i.e. 1, 2,3, or 4 )
  • Ability to temporarily disable notifications/emails remotely (with accessing camera web interface)
  • Add ability to adjust Night Mode (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface
  • Add alert bade for motion detection on a user defined schedule
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen)
  • App does not properly fit iPhone 5 screen size
  • Support Retina iPad display
  • When viewing a live feed (from DCS522L/7010L) display the state of the digital input line

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:33:27 AM by JavaLawyer »

PKM17

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2013, 01:09:17 AM »

1.  Support required for DSC-2332L (although app does work with this camera, but since firmware update to 1.01.03 camera view takes approx 1 minute to appear where as before update it was instant)
2.  The ability to move the DCS-5222L camera to preset positions
3.  Playback required for DCS-5222L   
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:55:25 AM by PKM17 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7