• April 17, 2024, 07:10:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Jumbo Frame and how to use / set it  (Read 25582 times)

47th_ronin

• Level 2 Member
Re: Jumbo Frame and how to use / set it
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 04:11:17 AM »

I don't know, what happened (or un-happened) but I get 19.4 to 21.9 Mb/s both ways now.

wirelessly

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 11:02:36 PM »

I've tried jumbo frames with my ASUS N61J Laptop, d link green 5 port gigabit switch and DNS323

As soon as I set the ASUS to jumbo frames and try to use it - it gives me blue screen of death indicating TCPIP issue.

Cant seem to resolve this one.

On a seperate note is it possible to use jumbo frames on a network when there are a mix of ethernet and gigabit PCs

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 04:22:21 AM »

I've tried jumbo frames with my ASUS N61J Laptop, d link green 5 port gigabit switch and DNS323

As soon as I set the ASUS to jumbo frames and try to use it - it gives me blue screen of death indicating TCPIP issue.

Cant seem to resolve this one.

This is a Windows/ASUS issue - and possibly driver related - what does the text on the BSOD say and what version of Windows?

On a seperate note is it possible to use jumbo frames on a network when there are a mix of ethernet and gigabit PCs

You can use jumbo frame on a network where there is a mix of gigabit with jumbo frame, gigabit without jumbo frame, ethernet & wireless.
[/quote]
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

47th_ronin

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 12:58:38 PM »

i recently bought wd mybook live. it's supposedly superior to dns-323 in many ways (better debian, faster etc.). it's web ui is really dumbed down though and there is no access to network speed and mtu settings (so no jumbo frame settings), default mtu is 1500. but i get upload speeds 37-38+ MB (megabytes)/s and ~10 GB file uploads in three minutes.
download still sucks. so it's definitely mac/osx thing and has nothing much to do with dns-323, it's drives or jumbo frames, at least for me..
Pages: 1 [2]