• March 28, 2024, 06:10:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Issues: Cams enabled but timeout from mydlink Android, port forwarding fails  (Read 10572 times)

gill3s

• Level 1 Member

Hi,
Here are the issues that I have had so far:

1. WIFI did not work: now fixed (no blanks in passphrase accepted, WIFI on router set to WPA2 Personnal)

2. Can see my cams on mydlink.ca from home pc, but not on my android phone. They appear online, but timeout: Tried lowering the resolution and disabling the sound, tried enabling upnp forwarding and ensured that my router has upnp enabled, no mac address filtering on router, updated 930L firmware to 1.06, static IP etc.)

3. Lastly, I tried port forwarding external addresses to my cams internally, but no luck. I have an old DCS-5300 that works perfectly using port forwarding on port 443, but when I try to forward 443 on one of my 930L, I get a wrong UserId/pass error?? and that's not the case.

I am getting tired of these issues and am considering returning my 4 930L's to the store.

Can someone give me recommendations? telephone support techs are really useless!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:25:40 AM by gill3s »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

Does mydlink stream video for 1 minute and then timeout? This is/was a known issue with some routers and settings.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:58:52 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
What ISP Modem do you have? Stand Alone or built in router?
What ISP Modem make and model do you have?

Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices ON the host router. This ensures each devices gets its own IP address when turned on and connected, eliminates IP address conflicts and helps in troubleshooting.
Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address.
Set Firewall settings to Endpoint Independent for TCP and UDP if your host router has this option.
Enable uPnP and Multi-cast Streaming if your host router has this option.

Disable uPnP for testing Port Forwarding rules.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

His router is a Linksys EA4500.   :-\

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

Also, if your PFg, you might check to see if uPnP is disabled. I know that for DLink routers, that needs to be disabled for PF to work here.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

Also, if your PFg, you might check to see if uPnP is disabled. I know that for DLink routers, that needs to be disabled for PF to work here.

True, but mydlink requires uPnP to be enabled to avoid the 1-minute timeout issue. . . if this is what he's experiencing.  :-\

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

Excerpt from www.mydlink.com support page:

Why can I only view my camera's Live View for one minute?

If your camera is connected to a router that does not support UPnP, you will only be able to remotely view your Live View for one minute at a time. If you are viewing your Live View from a PC on the same local network, or if your router supports UPnP, you will not have this limitation.

Note: If you have 2 or more routers in your home, your camera should be connected to the router that directly connects to the ADSL modem or the Internet.

gill3s

• Level 1 Member

JavaLawyer: It usually only timeout, but I had it stream for about a minute once before it timed out.

FurryNutz:
- I am in Canada
- My ISP is Videotron, cable
- Modem is Stand Alone, I have a linksys EA4500 router (top linksys for home)
- I have reserved IP's for my cams in the router settings based on their mac address, and I have specified the reserved IP in the cams settings.

I will try to:
1. Set the cams to DHCP and only reserve the IP in the router
2. uPnP is enabled in my router and on the cams but I will look for Multi-cast Streaming in the settings.
3. "Set Firewall settings to Endpoint Independent for TCP and UDP if your host router has this option." I am not sure that I understand this, but I can try to disable the firewall, or place a cam in the DMZ for testing
4. OK: uPnP enabled for mydlink and disabled for port forwarding. Thanks!

I would rather use the mydlink app, simpler to manage than port forwarding, and I get great support here! But the main thing is as long as I can get the cams to be accessible from outside.

Will get back to you on the results, thanks for your recommendations.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

Good luck!  ;)

gill3s

• Level 1 Member

JavaLawyer & FurryNutz you guys are geniouses!! I have one cam streaming on my android phone over 3G.

What I did in addition to what was previously described:
- Reserved IP in router, cam set to DHCP
- uPnP remained enabled on router and on cam + uPnP forwarding
- Audio is still off, I will try to enable

The cam still timeout after a few minutes.. is this normal? I have to tap the screen to reconnect.

Thanks!!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

Glad it's working for you.

Maybe a function of the app or your phone shutting off or sleeping in the time frame. Set your phone not to sleep or shut off and test. If it still does it after that, I presume it might be in the app.

Enjoy.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

If you haven't already done so, please update your DCS-930L firmware to the latest version, as there are changes to the mydlink client that will impact connectivity.  What version are you using now?