• April 22, 2024, 11:11:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Couple Of Questions Regarding 930L ( Appreciate Responses) New Member  (Read 3194 times)

deelinked

• Level 1 Member

First I would like to say hello to everyone, secondly that after many previous cameras which were next to hopeless lol no names mentioned. Ok lets start I did a scan using inSSider and realised that the interferance on my 3 930l cameras were cause by other peoples wifi so decided to change the channels of my dlink cameras seemed sensible, went to wireless settings clicked on Ad-hoc changed channels from 6 to 1 then put it back on  infrastructure. Then did another scan on InSSider still says channel 6 although on dlink all say 1, cannot for the life of me figure out why this is or what I have missed.

The other thing is when I log on to advanced settings it always says site security certificate not trusted which seems a little odd for dlink to not have this and wondered if everyone got this, just hope my cameras are secure lol.

Now when I turn my lights on or off in the house in every room they are in it sends an alert for the motion detection and I have even taken it from 100% which is like non stop emails all the way down to 0 even at 0 it does the same thing, surely there must be a way for them to work out light from motion, even with a dimmer a soft gradual build up of light same thing.

Other then that I am delighted lol but would sure appreciate any help from you all.
Cheers
Deelinked
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 04:50:31 PM by deelinked »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Couple Of Questions Regarding 930L ( Appreciate Responses) New Member
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 05:28:26 AM »

Now when I turn my lights on or off in the house in every room they are in it sends an alert for the motion detection and I have even taken it from 100% which is like non stop emails all the way down to 0 even at 0 it does the same thing, surely there must be a way for them to work out light from motion, even with a dimmer a soft gradual build up of light same thing.

Addressing one of your comments, here's a sticky post in our FAQ section describing how to set motion detection: DCS-9XX - Motion Detection Settings
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Couple Of Questions Regarding 930L ( Appreciate Responses) New Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 10:52:17 AM »

. . .I did a scan using inSSider and realised that the interferance on my 3 930l cameras were cause by other peoples wifi so decided to change the channels of my dlink cameras seemed sensible, went to wireless settings clicked on Ad-hoc changed channels from 6 to 1 then put it back on  infrastructure. Then did another scan on InSSider still says channel 6 although on dlink all say 1, cannot for the life of me figure out why this is or what I have missed.

Has anyone else experienced issues changing wireless channels?  ???
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC