• March 28, 2024, 06:31:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: BEEPING NVR-202L  (Read 8445 times)

PEye2000

• Level 1 Member
BEEPING NVR-202L
« on: June 23, 2014, 04:51:07 PM »

I have 2 HDD's connect every so offten it will start beeping... WHY???? this happens every few days, I leave it beeping and it will quit beeping.

It just happened and the green light on HDD 2 of the NVR is flashing..

ANY HELP PLEASE..

CAN OR IS THERE SOME PLACE THAT WILL EXPLAIN HOW THE RECORDING SYSTEM WORKS.... STORES... BEEPS FOR WHAT REASON OCATIONLLY...

THANKS JOHN

DoughBoy

• Level 1 Member
Re: BEEPING NVR-202L
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 10:11:58 PM »

I have 2 HDD's connect every so offten it will start beeping... WHY???? this happens every few days, I leave it beeping and it will quit beeping.

It just happened and the green light on HDD 2 of the NVR is flashing..

ANY HELP PLEASE..

CAN OR IS THERE SOME PLACE THAT WILL EXPLAIN HOW THE RECORDING SYSTEM WORKS.... STORES... BEEPS FOR WHAT REASON OCATIONLLY...

THANKS JOHN

Well, I see that not everyone is jumping to your rescue, maybe because of your "SCREAMING" (upper cases at the end of your post), but I have one of those units also and I have not seen the issue you are having. Nevertheless my curiosity took me to their support site (http://support.dlink.com) and I found the manual. The below link will take you directly to it, so don't believe what I say:

ftp://ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DNR-202L/REVA/DNR-202L_MANUAL_1.00_EN.PDF

Looking through the pages I found the following information regarding your question on "beeps":

• Assembly and Installation -  Attaching External Drives  - PAGE 9
               Step 3 > Note section reads:
           Note: If you do not connect an Ethernet cable, the DNR-202L will beep.

Step 4 > The NVR will mount the HDD and beep once.
           Note section reads:
           Note: When you want to remove an HDD, press and hold the HDD release button for at least three
           seconds. The NVR will release the HDD and emit a long beep. You can now unplug the USB cable.     

• Full disclosure of the alarm beeps are under the "LED and Alarm Overview" - PAGE 62

I really hope this helps you!  Enjoy!

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
Re: BEEPING NVR-202L
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 12:42:57 PM »

The NVR also has logging functionality so you could always check the logs the times it beeps. It might also help.