• March 28, 2024, 04:14:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.  (Read 16779 times)

weatheraardvark

• Level 1 Member
    • WeatherAardvark- Des Moines Iowa Weather

every time I go to settings in mydlink.com  I get this message. "Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate. "

I then click at the bottom of the page asking if this trip is necessary, and then it asks the password for my camera and I am in.

So..  I can't find a work around.  Tell me it isn't so???

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

Have you ever successfully logged into myDlink using your camera? What camera model do you have?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

weatheraardvark

• Level 1 Member

I can log in to my camera with no problem, after I click the tag that says if I want to take the risk.

The problem is that I think the security certificate is either expired or non existent.
I have a mac at school and I get that with their browsers.  I also have firefox, chrome and IE, It isn't me, it is the site.

Dakota

• Level 1 Member

IE provides an override at the bottom of the browser when this happens. AFAIK, Firefox does not and if you're using Firefox, you're stuck.

One issue is that the security certificate technology does not work and play well with embedded firmware, since it has a expiration date. That is not to say this is not D-Link's problem, because it is. They need to put an updated, valid, security certificate in every firmware update. Apparently, they don't. They also apparently have allowed the security certificate for the myDlink web site to expire. They need to fix this.

But, it is also the browser supplier's problem. They need to implement a way to save expired certificates in a browser cookie or some such that the user verifies as safe. IE lets you override, but you have to do it each time. Saving the override would make subsequent logins simpler.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 06:29:58 AM by Dakota »

weatheraardvark

• Level 1 Member

that is the crux of the problem,  whereas it is their problem, it is more of an annoyance than a major issue.

HOwever, regardless of the browser I use, IE, Chrome, Safari or Firefox,  the problem is still there.