• April 25, 2024, 05:33:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: web interface stops responding  (Read 20447 times)

EtownOilFan

• Level 1 Member
Re: web interface stops responding
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 12:00:36 PM »

I'm having this issue as well. The NAS is functioning just fine. Everything is accessible with the exception of the web interface (and the vista gadget). I can ping the IP and it's responsive, but it loads up blank.

I have not enable BT, but I am using the media server and the itunes server.

I've tried using the reset on the back and no change.
2 Barricuda 500 GB drives
RAID 1 250 GB / JBOD Remaining space
v1.05

EtownOilFan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 01:13:37 PM »

I had restarted my router recently when my ISP was down over night, and messed up my connection. I ran the easy search utility again, and found the NAS IP had changed from...

to

So, it's actually working fine now. Is there a way to avoid this in the future?
2 Barricuda 500 GB drives
RAID 1 250 GB / JBOD Remaining space
v1.05

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 01:21:57 PM »

EtownOilFan - you can either set a static ip address in the DNS-323 LAN configuration - or - you can reserve an address for it using the DHCP server - presumably in your router.

e2000 - I notice that you have been perhaps editing your config file or at least looking at it.  I believe there is what can be considered a known problem where opening/editing the config file with a Windows based editor can cause the file to become corrupted and restoring the corrupt file to the device will cause the internal web server to hang.

If I remember correctly it has something to do with CR+LF - carriage return and line feed - which are apparently handled differently by the two operating systems.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

e2000

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 05:27:59 AM »

Hi fordem,
I have edited my config file to scramble authentication info before it is uploaded to the web. I have not uploaded that modified config into DNS-323.

Interesting enough that the web interface problem does not happen for a while now... I do not think I changed any option (except of the BT settings) though.

e2000 - I notice that you have been perhaps editing your config file or at least looking at it.  I believe there is what can be considered a known problem where opening/editing the config file with a Windows based editor can cause the file to become corrupted and restoring the corrupt file to the device will cause the internal web server to hang.

If I remember correctly it has something to do with CR+LF - carriage return and line feed - which are apparently handled differently by the two operating systems.

Pattmyn

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 01:47:52 AM »

Does it show the device on your network using the Easy Search Utility?

Sorry for the ages between replies. Yes it's visible in easy search, the drive is still network mountable and accessible but the web interface is pooched. I have absolutely every setting/server turned off on the unit as I primarily run it as a NAS and Torrent box. The other mod mentioned a possible fix for this crashing issue in 1.06? Any ETA on that and/or confirmation of it being an issue?

KAmerad

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 11:49:10 PM »

I have precisely same problem, whether but I have not understood there is a decision?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 08:42:39 AM »

1.06 should be available very soon it looks. This I think will be the next step to resolving this issue at this point.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

espiritu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 07:59:18 AM »

seems to be related to large torrents...as i dont have any problems with having many torrents active, but when i have the large torrent/torrents active the web interface stops responding.

i have the itunes server, and the Upnp disabled but i have LLTD enabled.

as reported above, the drives remain mounted and active even the torrent appears to continue.

i have tried multiple machines/browsers

I am running the with 2 x 1.5tb drives as separate volumes with firmware v1.05

perradise

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 11:05:33 AM »

This issue should go away next firmware. It is really hard to say what is causing the web server to fail.

Fireball,

If you are not using the UPNP AV server I would suggest disabling it since it uses up device resources even if it is just enabled. When your interface stops responding is this also after heavy BT usage? How many torrents would you say are in Queue at time of failure? How many active?

If "it is really hard to say what is causing the web server to fail", then what makes you so confident that is will go away with the next firmware?  I'm using firmware v1.09 and am still experiencing this problem.

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 12:21:40 PM »

It has been determined that the BT app causes the admin console to 'die' after a period of time. This has been discussed in threads less than 2 years old :)
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.
Pages: 1 [2]