• April 16, 2024, 03:55:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Internally generated DGS-1210 DNS requests are using wrong VLAN  (Read 6389 times)

andrmo

• Level 1 Member

I'm using two VLAN's. #1 is the default untagged one. My WiFi can generate guest traffic on ID #2 using tagging, which is isolated to two ports (the upstream firewall and the Wifi access point). This traffic isolation works fine.

I do not use Insight.

My firewall logs are filling up because every minute the Dlink is generating DNS traffic to Google's public DNS servers, probably as part of its Insight product - something I don't use or want. Unfortunately the traffic is being generated on VLAN2 (probably in addition to VLAN1), but using its IP which is only valid for the VLAN1 subnet. The upshot is my firewall sees this and reports it as a Spoofing attack, and fills up my log. Unfortunately I cannot block these bad requests at my firewall on VLAN2, though I can block the valid (though unwanted) ones on VLAN1.

So two questions:

- Is there anyway to disable these DNS requests in their entirety in the Dlink?

- If not can I stop them using the wrong VLAN or is that a Dlink bug? I'm wondering whether if I specify VLAN1 as the management VLAN that would improve things?

andrmo

• Level 1 Member
Re: Internally generated DGS-1210 DNS requests are using wrong VLAN
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 01:38:41 AM »

Specifying VLAN1 as the management VLAN did indeed improve things - I no longer get the reports of spoofing attacks in my firewall log.