• April 23, 2024, 08:54:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS2210/2230 motion detection not working (and events deletion)  (Read 15642 times)

terry64

• Level 1 Member
DCS2210/2230 motion detection not working (and events deletion)
« on: February 20, 2013, 05:31:18 AM »

Hi everybody, I have a DCS-2210, it's distributed in the U.S. but no dedicates topics on the forum until now.
Summarizing, it is a 2230 without wireless but equipped with PoE.
I have problems with motion detection settings, that are different from the ones for DCS-9xx series.
Here I have sensitivity and percentage. I played around with sensitivity with no results, the problem lies on the percentage setting. No movement is detected down to 1%. Then if I set 0% motion detection is in practice always on even if nothing moves (camera is inside home). This also with sensitivity set to 1.
Note the setup page states "In order to use motion detection, you must first check the checkboxes, then draw the areas you want to monitor for motion.", but I just have one check box and it's impossible to draw areas. May be they copied & pasted from a different camera model.
Firmware is 1.10.02, the latest one.
Has anybody found a proper setting for motion detection?
FYI I currently use PIR i.o. motion detection. With PIR I just have a sort of ricochet (I see the correct snapshot, followed by another snapshot with no apparent movement). I suppose the camera takes another snapshot when movement stops (in other words it seems it takes snapshots when PIR detection goes from off to on and when it goes from on to off, it could be this is just my feeling). Annoying but tolerable.

Another thing I'm not able to do is delete many events at once. I must go down to the hour directory and then inside a specific hour, select delete and then ok (so I delete all the events of that specific hour only) but if I go up one or more levels delete does not work. It seems it is not able to remove a directory unless it is empty. So I can't for example delete all the events of a day. That's really annoying, also because I've read there is no auto delete when the SD card goes full  >:(.
Do you guys let the SD go full (or almost full) and then format it or is there another way to clean more hour/days at once?

I'm going to get a DCS-7010L, but sincerely I do not consider the F/W onboard the DCS-2210 camera as "mature", so I'm waiting to understand D-Link supports its products (these and other missing / not working features found on the forum does not involve such a big effort) or that I can live with current problems...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

guru_fordy

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS2210/2230 motion detection not working (and events deletion)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 12:29:53 PM »

Not sure if I read this right, but here is a little help I hope.

The percentage is for the percentage of the section specified that must change to be considered as motion detection. The sensitivity is obviously how sensitive the pixels are to change.

I set about half of the image to motion detection and have the percentage on 15 and the sensitivity on 20. Works fine.

HTH