• March 29, 2024, 02:34:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-2330l Won't record  (Read 14462 times)

iceplyr

• Level 1 Member
DCS-2330l Won't record
« on: August 10, 2015, 12:29:37 PM »

Hi All
I'm having an issue. I have two DCS-2330L Cameras that work great. I have them set up over the newest Airport Extreme. Video and audio quality is great.
My issue is they will not record to the SD cards. On the settings page (not advanced settings page) Motion Detection is checked but it also says triggered recording disabled. I've been racking my brain trying to figure this out. I have gone through the detection wizard and through every advanced settings page option but to no avail. Can someone please help me out with this?

I am on Mac OS X Yosemite

Thank you,
Mike

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DCS-2330l Won't record
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 02:11:39 PM »

What happens if you try to record to a external HDD drive or NAS?

There maybe some features that are not supported for recording to SD.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

iceplyr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 02:35:20 PM »

I was given this by D-Link

Hi Mike! Thank you for contacting D-Link Email Support. I do apologize for any inconvenience but allow me to assist you with your concern. As what I have read on your e-mail, we're trying to setup recordings to the SD card. Please check the steps below.

1. Log in to the camera's Interface.

2. Go to Setup then Event Setup.

3. Add a Server (where snapshots/video clips will be save), Media (select snapshot or video clips) and Event (periodic or motion).

4. Go to Setup then SD Card.

5. Check the picture/video folder and choose the file you would like to view.

Should you require further assistance with your D-Link products, please reply to this message, or call toll free at 877-453-5465.

Thank you for networking with D-Link .

Sincerely,
Aivvy Oropesa

There seems to be no option to record to HDD

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 03:08:38 PM »

There seems to be no option to record to HDD

It's the same server type option as you'd use for a NAS, "Network Storage".

Did D-Link's advice help you?

iceplyr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 12:54:01 PM »

I emailed them back yesterday and have not heard anything back. Pretty useless if I can't record to an internal storage devoice. Waste of money on the camera and on the sd cards

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 03:32:03 PM »

How are your SD cards formatted, and what size (capacity) are they?

Also, have you tried writing to an external disk?

quixy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 02:28:49 PM »

I emailed them back yesterday and have not heard anything back. Pretty useless if I can't record to an internal storage devoice. Waste of money on the camera and on the sd cards

You can't record to a hard drive without buying another device from D-Link. Here's how to save to the SD card inside the camera. Hopefully written better than what D-Link's support sent you.

1. Go to the camera's setup page thru your web browser.

2. Click on Setup at the top then Event Setup on the left side.

3. Under Server click add and pick SD Card at the bottom and save it.

4. Go to Setup then Event Setup again, then Media and click add.

5. GIve it a name like Video Clip, choose Video Clip and fill in the numbers like you want. I set everything to the maximum. Save it.

6. Go to Setup and then Event Setup again, then go to Event and pick add.

7. Give it a name, enable it, pick Video Motion Detection as the trigger, set up the schedule as you would like, pick Event_SD and pick whatever name you gave to the video under Media.

8. I think I didn't leave out any steps.

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 03:43:17 PM »

You can't record to a hard drive without buying another device from D-Link.

Sure you can.  The target has to be a device capable of presenting network-addressable storage, of course, but you don't need anything from D-Link to do it.  I've got a USB hard drive connected to my Apple router and the cameras write video to it with no issues.

quixy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 03:58:04 PM »

You can't record to a hard drive without buying another device from D-Link.

Sure you can.  The target has to be a device capable of presenting network-addressable storage, of course, but you don't need anything from D-Link to do it.  I've got a USB hard drive connected to my Apple router and the cameras write video to it with no issues.

Could you write up how to do that? I didn't know that was possible.

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 08:49:08 PM »

Could you write up how to do that? I didn't know that was possible.

Sure.  Just go to Event Setup > Server, and select the Network Storage radio button.  You'll need to fill in the IP address and directory of your network storage (e.g. \\10.0.1.100\quixysvideo, and the username and password needed to access it, if any.  You'll also need to name the server configuration in the box at the top of the page.  I can post a screenshot of my configuration if you need it.

Let's say you want to write recordings of motion detection events to your network storage.  To set that up, after configuring the server, you'd go to Event Setup and in the Event section, pick Motion and then click Add.  Fill in the various section on that page (such as the schedule).  Then in the bottom section, Action, you'll see a radio button labeled with the server name you set up in the prior step, above.  Select that, and in the dropdown, add your motion recording (which you also have to set up separately, but I think you know how to do that).

I hope that makes sense.

quixy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 01:35:50 AM »

To watch the videos do you have to use that awful HDD Viewer program? I've got that NAS adapter thing which does make some things easier I imagine.

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 09:46:00 AM »

To watch the videos do you have to use that awful HDD Viewer program?

No.  Videos are saved as standard .mp4 files and the codecs the camera offers are H.254 and MJPEG, which just about anything will play.