The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-895L

Slow download speeds - interesting findings during troubleshooting

(1/3) > >>

tigeralum2001:
Hi,
Experiencing very slow download speeds.  Internet is fiber to house (no modem, just cat 6 to the WAN port) 250Mbps up/down.  Region- Eastern USA

Anyhow, my phone was lagging horribly so I ran speed test on it and got 1Mbps down, 75 up.  Googled for a while and followed many suggestions, including downgrading the firmware.  Nothing worked.

After more troubleshooting, I turned off Smart Connect and gave each band its own SSID.  This is where things get interesting.  On 2.4Ghz band, I get 30 down/75 up.  On Primary 5Ghz, I get 55 down/100 up.  On Secondary 5Ghz, I get 0.39 down/ 66 up.

What on earth is causing the secondary band to have such a low speed?  Apparently it is causing conflicts when in Smart Connect.

I'm fine with 30+ down for my purposes (heavy use devices are hard wired), but I hate that Smart Connect is useless.  Does that mean MU-MIMO is also not working?  Any ideas on how to fix this?

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
* Are you wired or wireless connected to the router?What devices are you using to test speeds?
What are results of using a wired PC?

* Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch? Link> >FW Update Process

tigeralum2001:
Same results with firmware 1.15 and 1.21. Historically, I found similar complaints about 1.2 and going to 1.0 fixed them. I’m not willing to go back that far and lose security improvements.

Speeds quoted per my phone on wireless. Wired has a solid 240 up/down. Wired is not an issue.

I did not do a full factory reset as I didn’t want to redo all of the settings, it was power cycled a few times.

FurryNutz:
What is the Mfr and model# of this phone your using?

tigeralum2001:
iPhone X. It’s not the phone, it’s the router...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version