The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > Routers / COVR

cannot access 192.168.0.1 router page

(1/3) > >>

abmjr237:
Have D-Link DI-604 wired router. Windows XP. Spectrum cable internet.

My router seems to work fine - normal internet access for desktop computer. I cannot, however, access the 192.168.0.1 router admin web page through either Firefox or Chrome - I get a timed out/ no access error page. I have rebooted/reset both router and modem many times with same result.
- ipconfig confirms default router address of 192.168.0.1
- ping 192.168.0.1 confirms router recognition.

Please help.

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
What is the Mfr and model # of the ISP modem?
Try IE11 with compatibility mode set?
Is the PC connected via LAN cable with the router?

This is a old router. Maybe time to upgrade.

--- Quote from: abmjr237 on April 22, 2018, 11:59:53 AM ---Have D-Link DI-604 wired router. Windows XP. Spectrum cable internet.

My router seems to work fine - normal internet access for desktop computer. I cannot, however, access the 192.168.0.1 router admin web page through either Firefox or Chrome - I get a timed out/ no access error page. I have rebooted/reset both router and modem many times with same result.
- ipconfig confirms default router address of 192.168.0.1
- ping 192.168.0.1 confirms router recognition.

Please help.

--- End quote ---

abmjr237:
Thanks for the quick response. To answer your questions:

I am in the South Carolina. Why do you ask my region?
Modem, a new one from Spectrum: Technicolor, model # DPC3216C
IE won't run on my XP computer. Why would the browser matter?
My PC is connected by ethernet cable to the router, which is connected to the modem by ethernet cable.
My D-Link router seems to work fine. I just cannot access the router admin web page.

FurryNutz:
Try different browsers that will run on XP. Also XP is out of date and not supported anymore either.
Try a different PC to connect to the routers web page.
What is the IP address your getting on the PC?
A factory reset should also work.
Have you powered OFF the router for 1 minuted fully then powered it back on?

GreenBay42:
On your XP computer, click on Start > Run. In the box type cmd and press enter. A box will appear with a cursor. Type ipconfig and press enter. What is the DEFAULT GATEWAY ip address? If it is not 192.16.0.1 then the router address changed. Type in the default gateway address in your browser to access the router.

Also, in your browser (try Internet explorer) and enter http://dlinkrouter.local.

There must be a period at the end of local for XP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version