D-Link DSL Modem/Routers > Other DSL modem/routers

My dhcp settings have domain name as domain.name? What it suggests

(1/3) > >>

jraju:
Hi, I am just using dlink modem to connect to laptop and two smartphones. I do not have any server computer to be connected to other computers.
But i find domain.name in the dhcp settings. Is that given by dlink by default or by my ISP.
Normally we name the computer in installing the windows stage, which it gives as computer name in computer properties , in computer name tab.
Mine is given as computer name as i named it. and  the next is workgroup, given as WORKGROUP.
Is the domain.name suggests the name of the local computer or is it denoting a domain? please kindly explain.
As i have problem of losing internet connectivity on every shutdown and log on.
My router is d link 2730 u combo modem cum router indian model, latest version

jraju:
Hi, Can i expect a reply to the above from experts of this forum. I also wish to point out that the dhcp settings page has dhcp server enabled and it gives a domain.name in the dns server name in the router dhcp page, When i click the insert image, i could not attach anything for easy and ready reference

FurryNutz:
Mostly that is a domain host name that you can set up if you want to for LAN side clients. Can be anything if you want to. Like a workgroup name. Will not impact any accessibility or internet resources.

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.

jraju:
While thanking you for your reply, i am having a doubt and phone support is not that much useful. I am contacting dlink support also at times.
does the domain.name  not suggesting that i am having a server computer and not stand alsone computer?
I do not have a server computer at all. Moreover,when i go to computer properties , and then on checking there , the radio button domain is not selected (correct) and the dadio button workgroup is selected and WORKGROUP is entered there in. It is also shown in if you right click and click computer properties, where all system and computer inforamtions are shown.
what domain.name in dlilnk router in dhcp settings page suggest? Plelase expecting your reply. i am not able to attach any attachment

FurryNutz:
The router can act as a server and in most cases for home use, does. You don't have to change anything as it's a feature that your not using or need to use. If your getting internet access and getting to sources with in your home network and internet, your fine. Nothing to be concerned about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version