The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-880L

880l not downloading gb speeds

(1/1)

dizzy0311:
I recently upgraded my fios to 1gb speed.  When I connect my computer directly to the ONT, my speeds are 960/920.  When my pc is connected through the router I consistently see speeds around 350/460.
DIR-880L
HW:A1
FW:1.07WW

I have restarted the router and updated firmware and QoS is set to 1000/1000 and MTU is 1500

Help

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
* What region are you located?
* Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?  Link> >FW Update Process

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations

* What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
* What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
Please review:

* WAN Port Speed set to Auto or specific speed? Some newer ISP modems support 1000Mb so manually setting to Gb speeds can be supported by the router. Advanced/Advanced Networking/WAN Port Speed >WAN and LAN Connection Rates and ISP Speeds FAQ

dizzy0311:
What Hardware version is your router? HW:A1
What Firmware version is currently loaded? FW:1.07WW
What region are you located? East Coast
Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch? Yes

What ISP Service do you have? Verizon FIOS
What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have? Verizon ONT DIR 880L is plugged into the RJ45 plug on the ONT

When my desktop is plugged into the ONT, my bandwidth is 950/950

FurryNutz:
Is IPv6 set to Local only and try disabling SPI firewall.
I would upgrade to v1.08 and test as well.

One thing you test this would be to do the following:
Turning a router into an AP.

Connect your PC to the back of the 880L while in this configuration. Do you get spec speeds? I presume you will.

I presume this model router may not be able to handle 900mb speeds... :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version