The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > Other D-Link Products

[QUESTION] Will ISP see my router mac address? - connection using 4g usb modem

(1/2) > >>

ared120:
I have router (dwr-118) with USB port and usb 4G modem which is connected to this router.

Please tell me if ISP will see ROUTER MAC address (or any other ROUTER numbers) or they will see only IMEI from usb 4g modem?

FurryNutz:
The ISP will see the most forward router connected to there services. They wont see any others behind the main host router.

ared120:
so since I'm using 4g usb modem connected to dwr-118 router then ISP will see usb modem IMEI only, do I understand it correctly?  No dwr-118 numbers/mac addresses etc will be visible for ISP?

FurryNutz:
I presume so...you may ask your ISP as see. I know that in a modem and single router configuration here, ISPs can tell if a router is connected and can see the MAC of the WAN side on the router only. Nothing else.

ared120:
but you talk about connection ROUTER -> ISP. I'm talking about connection: ROUTER with usb port -> 4G USB modem attached to ROUTER -> 4g usb modem will connect to ISP. But I'm not sure if isp see any ROUTER "metatags", numbers, macs in this situation. I asked ~10people and have 50% answers for both options... I'm confused.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version