The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DNS-320

[Request] Can I have a "Synchronise" application?

(1/2) > >>

Jack Ryan:
The scheduled backup application works well but backups can collect all sorts of obsolete rubbish after a while. For my purposes, scheduled synchronisation would allow me to "mirror" an online DNS-323 with this DNS-320.
Thanks
Jack

Carlpea:
http://allwaysync.com/

Jack Ryan:
Thanks but that's not what I am looking for. I have several synchronisation applications I can run from PCs.

The DNS-320  has, as one of its installed applications, a scheduled backup application. This works well as a backup but I would prefer to synchronise rather than back-up.

A PC application requires a PC to be "on" and transfers data from one NAS to the PC and then from the PC to the other NAS. A NAS application suits me much better.

As a matter of interest, am I the only one looking for this functionality?

Jack

ikke:
I've been looking for this too, but I'm a absolute newbie to NAS and do not even manage  to set the shares, thus :-[...

Jack Ryan:
If there is just the two of us I guess it won't happen. That's a pity as most of the logic is already there. I know, things are never that simple but it's a start.

[If you are having problems with shares I suggest you start a thread with your question]

Jack

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version