• May 11, 2024, 08:18:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: My Shareport Works  (Read 6556 times)

jayz

• Level 1 Member
My Shareport Works
« on: April 28, 2010, 09:10:47 PM »

Hello everyone,

I had my DIR 655 for awhile, and most of the time, other than shareport, everything works great.

Last week, I found out D-Link released Shareport 3.0, and first few days, it doesn't work (I can connect my USB HDD every time I reboot my macbook, but after I turn off the Shareport, and restart, I kept getting Connect Failed message, unless i reboot my macbook.)

After few hours testing, here is the config i used for my router. And hope it helps.

Firmware Version :1.32NA,  2009/07/09
Firmware Version: 1.32NA
Hardware Version: A4
Product Page: DIR-655

Mac SharePort Utility   3.0   3/22/2010
OS X 10.6.3

USB HDD: Iomega 1TB Storage Device

Most of the settings are default, BUT I turn off Securespot services, turn off Multicast Streams, turn off HTTPS Server.

Give a try, and good luck.

jayz

• Level 1 Member
Re: My Shareport Works
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 04:46:32 PM »

sorry guys, it is not working anymore. it only works every time your mac restarts. :-\

i am going to buy a Mac Airport.

jh

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 07:59:33 AM »

Hi,
Just curious do you have it configured to automatically connect to your device? What settings did you change from default in SharePort. What does the status of the device show in SharePort?

How are you turning off SharePort?

Can you provide exact steps to reproduce?

gonpostal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 07:00:28 PM »

I'm having similar issues. However I have narrowed down the symptoms: Shareport will connect only after the router has been rebooted and the mac has been rebooted as well. The external drive will be disconnected abruptly if the mac is put to sleep, or if wireless connection is lost. Then you have to reboot both systems to make it work again.

Problem two is: My wireless connection "flickers". I get intermittent disconnects (normally have a full signal), and it may happen only once an hour or so-- but not long enough to complete a backup. My system is configured as above , but I am using a macbook with MacOS 10.6.4

I'm also to the point of buying an airport, except for the outlay of cash necessary to do so.