• April 16, 2024, 10:10:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS 5020L Pan and Tilt - Life Expectancy?  (Read 3206 times)

ducati94

• Level 1 Member
DCS 5020L Pan and Tilt - Life Expectancy?
« on: November 17, 2014, 07:52:52 PM »

Hi, anyone had any issues with the usage of pan and tilt feature being used 24/7 on the 5020L? anyone suffered any issues with the motor yet?

i have mine set up to start a Patrol after a PTZ Event at 600 seconds and for it to go pan/tilt to a different preset position every 99 seconds.

whats your experience?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS 5020L Pan and Tilt - Life Expectancy?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 10:49:22 AM »

I've been moderating these boards for years now and have yet to come across a post related to a failed pan-tilt motor on any D-Link camera.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 07:23:41 AM »

I've been moderating these boards for years now and have yet to come across a post related to a failed pan-tilt motor on any D-Link camera.

The 5222l HW B is utterly quiet when moving in person.  But when listening through the camera it sounds like it is straining.  If any of my cams die this is first in my list.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 11:38:28 AM »

The 5222l HW B is utterly quiet when moving in person.  But when listening through the camera it sounds like it is straining.  If any of my cams die this is first in my list.

I've been using the DCS-5020L for about a year now, and (like you) the only time I hear any appreciable noise is when viewing a live feed. I believe (IMHO) that the sound is primarily vibration from the pan/tilt motor carrying through to the microphone. . . Nothing leads to me to believe the motor is stressed during pan/tilt.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC