• April 18, 2024, 03:15:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR 615 Dropping Connectivity While Downloading From Newsgroups  (Read 3679 times)

showtime

• Level 1 Member
DIR 615 Dropping Connectivity While Downloading From Newsgroups
« on: February 19, 2010, 12:49:12 PM »

I have a DIR 615 router.  I have a desktop with windows XP connected physically to it, and a laptop with windows 7 connected via wireless.  I have Time Warner cable road runner internet service.  I have an issue with the router dropping internet connection when downloading files from my newsgroup server.

This issue mainly happens at  night and early in the morning.  I start a download expecting it to finish over night, and when I wake up in the morning there is no internet connection for the wireless laptop nor the desktop(nor any other device I try to connect like phones).  I reset the router and everything comes back up.  I have not updated the firmware or set any crazy access control rules.  Everything is set with factory defaults.  I have swapped out the cable modem and had the cable support team check my modems levels and everything on that end was normal.  Anyone have any ideas I could try?  Thanks.

mangapc

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR 615 Dropping Connectivity While Downloading From Newsgroups
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 03:13:07 PM »

I have had the same issue with my D-link DIR-615 B2. I even backdated the firmware to 2.24 that some said it helped. But it doesn't at all. I can do a direct connection to my modem and it never drops. It has to be the router or some kind of software defect with the firmware. I have look on numerous forums and have seen this is repeatedly. I am about to swear of d-link routers all together. I wish some one had a solution that works. ???

Type-A

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR 615 Dropping Connectivity While Downloading From Newsgroups
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:17:13 AM »

Here's a couple of things that I did
(1) Updated my firmware (from 3.11 to 3.12)
(2) Had to change the IP addy of my router to 192.168.5.1 b/c when it was 192.168.0.1 it would conflict with my modem.
(3)  Make sure that you DEselect "Enable Advance DNS Service"  This will allow you to manually add in the Primary and Secondard DNS numbers that match your modem.
This took care of my problem with dropping my internet connection.

The above worked for me - Now the only problem I have is even though I have SBC DSL, the DIR-615 won't let me configure it to run at PPPoE as it should, I am running it as DHCP Dynamic instead.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:29:44 AM by Type-A »