• April 19, 2024, 04:41:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware:DNS-325 A2 F/W 1.05b03(for WW) available at http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/  (Read 6801 times)

wylajb

• Level 1 Member

Hello,

This afternoon, I noticed a new 1.05b03 firmware for the DNS-325 on the D-Link Taiwan site.

The file name and description include references to the "A2" hardware version, but the release notes indicate that the release is compatible with both the "A1" and "A2" hardware versions.

Just now, I loaded it onto my "A1" hardware version DNS-325, and this release appears to offer some improvements.

The Surveillance Center add-on seems to be a bit more responsive.

So far, I have not noticed the problems that convinced me to abandon the 1.04 firmware, including the clock jumping ahead by an hour and the bogus fan errors in the log.  

Unfortunately, "Compatibility Mode" is still required, if one needs to access the NAS web pages with IE 11.  IE is still required for Surveillance Center.

The release notes suggest that Chrome and Firefox are now supported.  

Also, in the release notes, there is mention of FTP and Web security fixes.  The log in page now shows a check box for "SSL Login."  I don't remember seeing that before...

wylajb
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 02:34:53 PM by wylajb »

wylajb

• Level 1 Member

Hello again,

At the same http://tsd.dlink.com.tw url, I noticed that there is a new Surveillance Center 2.02 Add-on Package release, which is supposed to go together with the new 1.05 firmware.

I downloaded what was advertised to be a zip file, but the downloaded file had no extension...

...after some unsuccessful attempts at installing the file with no extension, I put the ".zip" extension on the file.

That enabled me to unzip the add-on and install it.

This looks like a pretty good upgrade. 

There is a new dark-background look, and I'm noticing some new features. 

There is now "synchronized playback."  It appears to sync playback across multiple cameras over time.  The camera compatibility list is expanded.  There is an "auto scan" feature, but I may not have a camera that is capable of scanning...

The only puzzle that I'm still working on is the launch button for Surveillance Center...when I press that button in Firefox 30.0, I get the prompt that Surveillance Center requires Internet Explorer.  When I tried with Opera, I got prompts to install a D-Link plugin for playback and live video.  After installing the plugins, Surveillance Center works in Opera...!

wylajb

Surveillance Center Package: v2.02
Hardware: A1/A2
Date: 2014/1/16

DNS-325 Surveillance Center Add-on Package release, corresponding to firmware v1.05
For functions support and configurations please refer to product website for detail.

New Features:
-   New cameras support:
DCS-2132L, DCS-931L, DCS-933L, DCS-5010L, DCS-5020L, DCS-2310L, DCS-2332L, DCS-6010L, DCS-7010L
-   Supports generic D-Link model which complies NIPCA protocol
-   Add storage usage status chart

Enhancements:
-   Compatible with Chrome and Firefox browser on windows platform.
-   Remember previous position in Playback view.
-   Update camera list UI in "Camera setup", "Audio and video", and "Recording Setup"
-   Administrator can see camera password
-   Remember previous position in Playback view.

Problems Resolved:
-   [Bug Fix] Reduce the occasion noise on video recording

Known Issues:
-   None

ourson

• Level 1 Member

Thank you very much for your discovery.

I hope I can change the user name (XXXXXX.mydlinkcloud.com) on one of my two DNS 325.

Because at the moment I have to disable this option in one of the two, because they have the same name (in place of XXXX)

wylajb

• Level 1 Member

Update:  Surveillance Center now works in Firefox, after I went into System Settings --> Defaults and after I pressed the "Restore" button to "Restore to Factory Default Settings."

It might be a good idea to do the "Restore to Factory Default Settings," in case you have upgraded to firmware 1.05b03...

wylajb

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

The wait is over...

D-Link posted firmware version 1.05b03 for the DNS-325. You will find a download link on the first post of the following thread: DNS-325 - Firmware v1.05b03 Comments & Observations

Release notes are posted here: DNS-325 - Cumulative Firmware Release Notes
 :)  :D  ;D
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC