• March 30, 2024, 12:56:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: [SOLVED] DWA-643 acquiring address...  (Read 5295 times)

miro

[SOLVED] DWA-643 acquiring address...
« on: February 26, 2008, 01:16:21 PM »

Hi all...

I had this installed and it worked great with my DIR-655. However, I ended up having to do a clean install of XP and thus reinstall the 643 drivers. I originally installed v1.21 so I reinstalled those. It worked fine for a bit but now I can't connect. The DLink Connection Manager shows that I'm connected, I just can't get an IP address. It just sits there trying to get an IP. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and beyond that I'm not sure what else do to. Any ideas?

TIA!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 05:10:07 PM by miro »

miro

Re: DWA-643 acquiring address...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 03:37:48 PM »

Okay, the Realtek nic works on the laptop, but the built-in Intel wireless nic also won't connect to my router. It's doing the same thing, constantly trying to acquire an IP address. I know there's nothing wrong with the wireless though because my gf's laptop is connected as well as my work laptop. Not sure what's going on but it's obviously just local to this laptop.

UPDATE: Weird, my gf's laptop can no longer connect but my work laptop is still connected.

btw, using WPA2 and AES. Another weird thing is that when I was connecting with my work laptop, it was asking for my device passkey which is "located or printed on the device". Sure enough, there was an 8-digit number that I typed in and worked. However, typing that key in on the other laptops doesn't work.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 04:43:51 PM by miro »

miro

Re: [SOLVED] DWA-643 acquiring address...
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 05:10:50 PM »

Got it solved. I disabled encryption and was able to connect with my laptop. I then re-enabled encryption (WPA2 and AES) and was able to connect. All is good now.