• April 18, 2024, 09:47:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: dsm-520 software is not serving to the receiver, thoughts?  (Read 4160 times)

scottslc

dsm-520 software is not serving to the receiver, thoughts?
« on: December 30, 2007, 11:23:39 AM »

Hi, I have windows vista prem.  I have quest dsl, my actiontec dsl modem also serves out my wireless network.  From the modem, i have a 4 port switch which my 2 desktop machines use to access the actiontec modem.  I installed the d-link dsm-520 server software on my system but it's not connecting to the modem to send it's signal to the 520 receiver.  Should I replace the switch with a router?  Will this solve my problem?  Is there a better way to broadcast my wifi signal to the receiver?  I tried connecting the receiver to my local wifi network, the connection worked but it could not find a media lounge server.  Help?

Best, Scott

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: dsm-520 software is not serving to the receiver, thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 12:10:51 PM »

What is the IP address of your DSM-520 and what is the IP address of the PC running the media server software?

Are you able to successfully ping the DSM-520 from you PC?

Ping test instructions
1. Click “Start” and goto “Run”
2. Type “cmd” and press Enter
3. Type”ping 192.168.xxx.xxx” (IP address of the device you are tying to ping test)
You should get 4 replys back.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream