• March 28, 2024, 03:40:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2 Way Audio Support  (Read 28690 times)

val2020

• Level 1 Member
2 Way Audio Support
« on: March 06, 2013, 09:26:25 PM »

The DCS-5222L app does not support 2 way audio... As far as I know...
I have the audio input connected to an external powered speaker.

Has anyone got the 2 way audio duplex working?

Thanks

val2020

• Level 1 Member
Re: 2 Way Audio Support
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 11:52:34 AM »

Yes I did enact the sound in the software. I did get the 2 way duplex working.
However, I would like to have an iOS app that can take advantage of this as
advertised.

Thanks for the reply

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 08:47:28 AM »

Where is that advertised with the mobile app?  ???

2 way audio works on mydlink.com..

Have you tried other mobile app programs?

Johnne25

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 05:47:37 PM »

I would have to agree.  It is advertised that this will have two way audio on iOS.  There is even a very poorly acted video demonstrating a couple doing it.

It works in the browser, but no option to active microphone using MyDlink Lite or MyDLink+ apps.    VERY Disappointing!

I have the DSs-5222L camera and the DIR-855L router.   

chrsanch

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 03:21:07 PM »

yes, I agree, I have the dcs5222L as well and very disappointed.
here's the video that says two way audio is possible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFdP-kj2EYs

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 04:25:42 PM »

yes, I agree, I have the dcs5222L as well and very disappointed.
here's the video that says two way audio is possible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFdP-kj2EYs

Well that video is pretty damning.

Well, just more vaporware  that never materialized.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 09:43:57 AM »

I will notify D-Link of the missing functionality.  :-\
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

indothai

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 04:53:20 PM »

I hope this is a feature that can be added to mobile devices easily... one of the reasons why I bought it.
I also hope D-Link doesn't do a u-turn and retract this ability.
DCS-930L three units
DCS-932L
DCS-5222L
DCS-5020L
DNS-323 (v1.09) [replaced with DS1512+]
DNS-320 (v2.00) [in storage]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 04:10:15 PM »

I have an update from D-Link. Unfortunately, at present the mydlink services only support full two-way audio on the DCS-942L. All other cameras supporting two-way audio must be setup using virtual server (opening ports) configurations, not through the mydlink services. On the bright side, D-Link is actively working on providing two-way audio support through the mydlink portal, but I don't have an ETA.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 04:12:12 PM by JavaLawyer »

mai42356

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 10:50:27 AM »

The audio output from the DCS-5222L is a low level output, probably less than one volt.
This means that in order to get sound from this output, an amplifier of some kind must be used.
Internally amplified computer speakers will work or just a small MP3 amp connected to some small bookshelf speakers would work nicely. The problem is that the firmware currently does not work through the "MyDlinK" portal or the the phone app. The only way to get it to work is to connect directly to the camera via its web interface, however, that functionality is hard coded to use port 80 and many ISPs have port 80 upstream blocked. So using some kind of port forwarding on your local router would be necessary in this case. I believe D-Link tech support should at least publish a paper outlining the steps to use this type of workaraound until they get the firmware updated to work as advertised. This was one of the biggest selling points involved in my decision to buy this camera and I am thoroughly ticked off that they seem to have so little regard for their customers to leave us hanging out to dry and not addressing this issue as quickly as possible. This will be my last D-Link camera for certain and I will not recommend these products in the future.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 11:34:59 AM »

. . . The only way to get it to work is to connect directly to the camera via its web interface, however, that functionality is hard coded to use port 80 and many ISPs have port 80 upstream blocked. So using some kind of port forwarding on your local router would be necessary in this case. I believe D-Link tech support should at least publish a paper outlining the steps to use this type of workaraound until they get the firmware updated to work as advertised. . .

To this point, are there any DCS-5222L owners who have successfully implemented (or who would like to try implementing) two-way audio using this methodology? If so, please post your findings/procedure here and I'll add to the Network Camera FAQ board and as a sticky on relevant network camera boards for exposure/distribution.

airboos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 05:26:01 PM »

Hi all

Ive been following this thread after purchasing and installing this camera in the ceiling of my roof. I (like most others) were sold this camera under the impression of two way audio with iOS functionality.

After initially being promised it would be incorporated into the DLink app, subsequent inquiries have indicate that this will never be implemented for the 5222L.

I made remarks to Dlink that this is not good enough. You simply can't be allowed to advertise a product to the market, lie about its functions and then refuse to support it.

Their lack of response has frustrated me and I have made contact with the national consumer body (in Australia) with the view to take them to task over it. Quite simply their lack of communication or help isn't good enough and I wont let it stand.

(Oh and I have copied and sent the youtube advertising video Dlink made promising 5222L two way audio function through iOS in case they attempt to remove the evidence).

If anyone else from Australia wishes to contact me with the same issue, I'm happy to pass on your case to the ACCC.

Cheers to all.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:44:23 PM by airboos »

airboos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 07:15:33 PM »

Hi again.

Not sure if anyone is following this but I'll just update the status of this issue.

Despite an initially tardy response from Dlink, they contacted me urgently and have resolved the issue to my satisfaction. They have advised they are further looking into this function and certainly haven't meant to be fraudulent in their advertising of the 5222L.

The manager who I have liaised with has been excellent and I only wish this level of support had existed early in the evolution to prevent my frustrations. 

All the best.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 04:31:23 AM »

Despite an initially tardy response from Dlink, they contacted me urgently and have resolved the issue to my satisfaction. They have advised they are further looking into this function and certainly haven't meant to be fraudulent in their advertising of the 5222L.

The manager who I have liaised with has been excellent and I only wish this level of support had existed early in the evolution to prevent my frustrations.  

Although things didn't pan out the way you expected, I'm glad the situation was ultimately resolved for you.

studlygoorite

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 05:23:06 PM »

Any update on this, I just bought one and found out it doesn't work?
Pages: [1] 2