• March 28, 2024, 06:49:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Password issues  (Read 8249 times)

abdsea

• Level 1 Member
Password issues
« on: March 06, 2013, 07:18:21 AM »

has anyone else ran in to login issues with password longer than 8 characters? The web interface for password seems like accepting a password in longer length but fails to authenticate after.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Password issues
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 08:35:08 AM »

has anyone else ran in to login issues with password longer than 8 characters? The web interface for password seems like accepting a password in longer length but fails to authenticate after.

What firmware version are you running?  Older firmware does in fact has an 8 character limit.  Entering passwords longer than 8 characters generates an exception message that appears on the same page -- it's not something that stands out, you have to look for it.

The latest firmware on the DCS-932L fixes this problem, but I'm not sure if the latest version of the DCS-930L also corrects the issue.

Please post back.  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

abdsea

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 01:50:17 PM »

It was on firmware 1.06b05. I usually login to the weburl, configure and set it for use. Then I went to try to use the wizard to set this camera to join mydlink and found the password not working. Reset the device, change the password and try to login from the http interface also failed. I changed the password to lesser character and it worked, haven't tried on the 1.07 or 1.08 yet

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 01:56:25 PM »

It was on firmware 1.06b05. I usually login to the weburl, configure and set it for use. Then I went to try to use the wizard to set this camera to join mydlink and found the password not working. Reset the device, change the password and try to login from the http interface also failed. I changed the password to lesser character and it worked, haven't tried on the 1.07 or 1.08 yet

Please try a later firmware version and post back if longer passwords are accepted.
Another note. . . later versions of the DCS-932L firmware also accept non-alphanumeric characters in the password string. I believe that was also an earlier limitation.

abdsea

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 11:02:14 AM »

ok, I tried the longer password with 1.08 fw and seem to be working. Will test special characters :-)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 05:14:37 AM »

ok, I tried the longer password with 1.08 fw and seem to be working. Will test special characters :-)

Thanks for your feedback.  Please let me know if special characters are working..

Lars-Erik

• Level 1 Member
    • My personal homepage
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 06:45:06 AM »

Not working for me with latest FW.
It's horrible that you can only use letters and numbers for password on such a sensitive device

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 07:56:52 AM »

Not working for me with latest FW.
It's horrible that you can only use letters and numbers for password on such a sensitive device

At least the extended password length is a step in the right direction.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:15:22 AM by JavaLawyer »