• March 28, 2024, 03:23:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Notification when DCS-2330L camera goes down (wifi, power)?  (Read 4817 times)

taymag

• Level 3 Member
Notification when DCS-2330L camera goes down (wifi, power)?
« on: August 03, 2015, 12:11:08 PM »

I read on amazon that you can get an alert if the camera goes down (wifi or power) but I cant seem to find this option.. Can anyone help?

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
Re: Notification when DCS-2330L camera goes down (wifi, power)?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 12:26:44 PM »

I read on amazon that you can get an alert if the camera goes down (wifi or power) but I cant seem to find this option.. Can anyone help?

There is no alert for network loss/reconnection (although I think those events are written to the system log), but you can set an alert for a system boot.  Go to Setup > Event Setup, and under the Event section pick Reboot from the Event dropdown and then click the Add button to add the event.

taymag

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 04:51:50 PM »

perfect thanks!

taymag

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 09:14:08 AM »

I am not receiving emails from the "system boot" event. Is there something else I need to do? I also tried to add a "Network lost" event but I am not receiving emails for it. I see them in the log though. Any ideas?

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 05:36:30 PM »

I am not receiving emails from the "system boot" event. Is there something else I need to do? I also tried to add a "Network lost" event but I am not receiving emails for it. I see them in the log though. Any ideas?

Do you get email notifications for anything else?  i.e. Does your email setup test out OK?

By the way, how did you add a "network lost" event?  This is not an option, at least in the version of the firmware I have (US 1.01.06).  Regardless, it would be hard for the camera to send an email if it doesn't have a network connection.   ;)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 05:39:34 PM by cmontyburns »

taymag

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 07:34:02 PM »

Haha ya that makes sense, I figured maybe if just the camera was offline it would tell you. It shows network lost in the same place as system boot and yes I receive emails for motion for that camera but not the network lost or system boot for some reason...

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 06:22:46 AM »

Haha ya that makes sense, I figured maybe if just the camera was offline it would tell you. It shows network lost in the same place as system boot and yes I receive emails for motion for that camera but not the network lost or system boot for some reason...

You know, I don't think my system boot emails work consistently, either, now that I think about it.  I wonder if this is just the result of bad programming.  For example, the camera reboots and the email event fires before the camera actually has a network connection, rather than checking for a connection before triggering the email.