• March 28, 2024, 05:00:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 1.20 Beta Firmware Feedback Thread  (Read 45383 times)

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
Re: 1.20 Beta Firmware Feedback Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 10:51:39 AM »

I'm pretty sure you have your wireless configured properly. But I would like to know how you have it set up. Are your wireless drivers up to date?

How big is the file you're trying to download? Can you post me a link? Have you tried others sites and experienced the same speeds?

I'm going to try and get me another 4500 with older firmware and compare it to the one I have set up at home.

Wireless Radio :  Enabled

802.11 Mode : Mixed 802.11n and 802.11g

Channel Width : 40MHz

Channel : 11

Secondary Channel : 7

WISH : Active

Wi-Fi Protected Setup : Disabled

WPA/WPA2

Just download any Nvidia video driver package. 

arod

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 01:12:50 PM »

Ok I will give it a shot. Was the cipher type TKIP or AES or both?

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 03:07:43 PM »

Both.

OtilioDJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 03:23:42 PM »

After dealing with beta F/W 1.16 I was very skeptical and hesitant about installing this latest flavor! I must say I find it extremely stable with just some minor glitches. First there's the login, Once on the keyboard I like to stay there, so I've gotten into the habit of entering my password then hitting enter. OOPS, can't do that anymore. Have to grab the mouse and then click. Like I said just a minor thing. The other is I've lost the functionality of shareport. It took me awhile to get it up and running. It's a problem with the Onecare firewall no doubt!!!!! If anyone out here has settings that will work I'd be much obliged for your assistance. I followed the reset instructions as posted with no luck. I just want to thank the moderators for there dedication and efforts. ;D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:45:50 PM by OtilioDJ »

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 08:53:15 PM »

After dealing with beta F/W 1.16 I was very skeptical and hesitant about installing this latest flavor! I must say I find it extremely stable with just some minor glitches. First there's the login, Once on the keyboard I like to stay there, so I've gotten into the habit of entering my password then hitting enter. OOPS, can't do that anymore. Have to grab the mouse and then click. Like I said just a minor thing. The other is I've lost the functionality of shareport. It took me awhile to get it up and running. It's a problem with the Onecare firewall no doubt!!!!! If anyone out here has settings that will work I'd be much obliged for your assistance. I followed the reset instructions as posted with no luck. I just want to thank the moderators for there dedication and efforts. ;D

I think you can use tab and it'll go to the next blank input field. But CAPTCHA is useless to me.  ;)

Updating of Shareport just requires a reinstall of the software usually.  Unless something drastically changed, in which it requires a newer version.  I don't use Shareport, because it took so long for them to make a Mac version. 

I wouldn't ever use Onecare Firewall, since it's probably very restrictive.  I'm not sure there's anything you can do in regards to your settings, to make it work, since it is in fact a software problem.

arod

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2009, 08:32:56 AM »

You can disable CAPTCHA by going into TOOLS > ADMIN and disable Graphical Authentication

OtilioDJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2009, 09:32:10 AM »

Thanks guys, spank me silly  :D , that's what i get for not stepping outside the box, As far as Onecare it's history for me, just waiting for my subscription to run out, then it's off to Norton!!!

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2009, 09:35:57 AM »

Norton is WORSE. It's WAY more restrictive then the Live One Care.

OtilioDJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2009, 04:57:49 PM »

:o Okay I'm open to suggestions

SuperH

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2009, 05:41:28 PM »

After upgrading to this firmware, I no longer see my device with Shareport.

I have reinstalled the software; I've even upgraded the version to no avail.

*Sigh*...  It sees nothing.

When I install the DIR-655 Beta Shareport (1.10), it sees it but cannot connect.  The latest Shareport (1.14, older) for the DGL-4500 fails to even "see" the device (a printer, in my circumstance).

Any suggestions?

OtilioDJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2009, 06:57:56 PM »

So far with this Beta FW V1.20 all is working shockingly great with the exception of shareport. I've concluded that it's not a firewall issue but either the new FW or the utility. I'll patiently wait for a fix, it's not a crucial process for me but it's nice to have!!!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:59:46 PM by OtilioDJ »

MPDamon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2009, 06:58:02 AM »

I've had the same thing, but I disregarded it.  I have had a couple times where WAN and LAN both die, and it times out.  WLAN dies out too.  Normally if I reset my adapter it will start working again.  I'm not sure what causes it though.

Having this every few days now.  Loosing the Internet and Wireless connection.  Not good.

motherfo

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2009, 11:29:39 PM »

Reinvented-

I've been seeing slow speeds on the nvidia site for over a week now.  I don't think it's the router. I think it's their server. I'm still running 1.15

Normally, I'd get 1.6 mb/s downloading a driver, but it's been slow.  Try a few other sites with big files yeah? 

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2009, 11:36:47 PM »

Already have.  Wired, i'm perfectly fine.  Topping at 2.2 MB/sec.  Wireless just bombs out still.  Not Nvidia.

kcsupratt

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2009, 03:48:01 PM »

Having this every few days now.  Loosing the Internet and Wireless connection.  Not good.

Same here. Lots of disconnect from the Internet. Almost everyday
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4