• April 25, 2024, 07:39:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSL-2740B Wireless Dropout  (Read 15762 times)

Ross L

• Level 1 Member
    • Xbox 360 Forums
DSL-2740B Wireless Dropout
« on: February 27, 2010, 07:30:48 AM »

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I couldn't find a forum on the site that dealt with the DSL-2740B.

Every 3-4 days, my wireless completely drops and the router needs to be reset to get it to connect again. The strange thing is that if the computer is wired, everything is fine.

This is the second DSL-2740B I have had and the other router had exactly the same issue.

This is the information from my router:

Product: DSL-2740B  Firmware Version: 2.61 Hardware Version: C2

I have checked the Dlink UK FTP (ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dsl_routers_modems/dsl-2740b/) and this is the latest firmware available. I downloaded the latest firmware from Polish FTP (ftp://ftp.dlink.pl/dsl/dsl-2740b/driver_software/) and this just caused the router not to connect to the internet at all, so I had to reinstall the UK 2.61 version.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue with the wireless, as it is highly irritating and apart from this issue, the router is excellent.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ross

JaCh0o

• Level 1 Member
Re: DSL-2740B Wireless Dropout
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 03:43:44 PM »

hello,
i have same problem. my router does rondomly disconnect from internet. Disconnection does both on cable connected computers and on wireless ones too. Did u fix it ?? D-LINK could u help with this problem couse as i see its hardware faulty on all devices.