• April 17, 2024, 06:21:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-655 RMA  (Read 3130 times)

Zeke

• Level 1 Member
DIR-655 RMA
« on: April 22, 2010, 07:00:43 AM »

Hello :)
I am from Sweden and i bought a DLINK DIR-655 last August , in the beginning of this year  i noticed that the router router rebooted itself . I didnt really bother much about it but then the reboots came more and more often . I contacted the DLINKsupport here in Sweden that asked me to change different settings, upgrade firmware and so on . Nothing solved the issue so i got an RMA and sent my router in .
After a week a new router arrives but it has the same problem as the old one (random reboots) .
I once again contact the support (no complaints to you if you read this ) .
I tell them about my problem and we start over again with different settings and firmwares (before i contacted them i tried every firmware from 1.20 - 1.31 ) but the reboots still appear .
I then tell the supportperson that this is a replacement router i got sent to me just a few days ago .
He seems very embarressed and apologize for that problem i had and gives me a new RMA .
Now i have had this router for about 2 months and it has been working pretty well but now it starts to reboots itself as the previous ones did .
None of the replacement routers i got sent where sent with the plastic around the box as the first one i bought was so i wonder if DLINk is sending out returned routers they haven't been able to find any issues with or "badly repaired" ones .
Is there anybody else that has a similar story to tell ?
Regards
Zeke