• May 30, 2024, 08:53:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: hide Private IP  (Read 5285 times)

surfinmdq

• Level 1 Member
hide Private IP
« on: October 17, 2009, 01:19:21 PM »

First of all, congratz on this fine piece of hardware. D-Link continues to show why is the industry leader: because they're the best. Congratz to all the people who worked in this device, you rules! (Investors can sleep relaxed :D)

Now, to the business.
Few days ago I aquired this beauty called DIR-600 with a DWA-110 - I needed to share internet connection with my sister's computer.
Everything works fine, easy to deploy, easy to setup, even to a noob like me who never before has setup a wireless connection, really foolproof.

But after conducting a security scan in AuditMyPC.com I found my Private IP is exposed to internet - the folks at AuditMyPC.com claims it's because a bug in Java.
So I would like to know if there's any way to stop broadcasting/cloack the IP on the net.

This isn't really a big issue for me since my machine is a Linux box running it's own firewall, but my sister computer runs XP  ::) ::) ::)  that's why I still would like to completely stealth private IP.

Any suggestions really appreciated, thanks.
Best!

Martín
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 01:24:34 PM by surfinmdq »