• April 19, 2024, 09:14:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-323 RAID1 keeps on degrading  (Read 2334 times)

stik

• Level 1 Member
DNS-323 RAID1 keeps on degrading
« on: December 10, 2009, 09:57:10 PM »

I have a DNS-323 with two Seagate 500GB drives in RAID-1 config.  It seems every couple of days the RAID status shows as degraded.  I shut down the unit, power up and it resyncs. 

There is no indication there is a bad drive - both show up in the status page, and both lights on the actual unit are lit (blue).

Where do I start troubleshooting, as I have no indication if, or which drive may have problems?

Thanks!

lizzi555

• Level 5 Member
Re: DNS-323 RAID1 keeps on degrading
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 04:55:32 AM »

Wich firmware are you running ?
When did this start ? After updating firmware ?

If you have most recent firmware installed, I would backup all data, reset the unit to defaults and format the RAID1 again.
(And then pray  ;) )

hilaireg

• Level 3 Member
Re: DNS-323 RAID1 keeps on degrading
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 05:00:40 AM »

If you haven't made a backup of the data to another location, now would be a good time.

Afterwards, shutdown the DNS device and test each HDD using the Seagate Diagnostic (seatools) utility - you'll likely need to do this from a pc.  Make sure to insert the HDD's back into the same DNS slot you took it out of.

If both HDD's check fine with the seatools, I would suggest removing the partitions (again using a pc) and rebuilding the RAID1.  Before copying data to the unit, I would wait the couple of days to see if they degrade.

HTH,