• March 28, 2024, 12:08:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: mydlink+ app not working  (Read 52590 times)

ademanuele

• Level 1 Member
mydlink+ app not working
« on: February 16, 2012, 11:58:49 AM »

I have just installed a DCS-932L and all is working well. I can access the camera using mydlink lite on my iPad, however, mydlink+ (on the same iPad) is not working. I can see the camera but am getting a "Connection Timed Out" message. I have tried quitting the mydlink lite app but this does not help. Any ideas?

AC25

• Level 1 Member
Re: mydlink+ app not working
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 01:18:39 PM »

I have a DCS-930L and although the mydlink+ app identifies the camera immediately I have exactly the same problem. mydlink Lite works fine on my IPad but mydlink+ will not work at all. I get the 'Connection Timed Out' message and sometimes also another message 'Exceed Maximum Concurrent Connections (3)'. I am logging out of mydlink lite prior to logging into mydlink+ but it makes no difference. This does not make sense, does anyone have any ideas ?

AC25

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 01:34:02 PM »

Unfortunately logging on direct to the IP address via Safari on an iPad will also not work as the camera video is not visible as it seems an iPad cannot support either Active X or Java. Have solved the issue though by installing LiveCams Pro.

ademanuele

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 11:28:24 PM »

I did resolve this one, the + app does not seem to work at all if UnPn is not enabled (whereas the lite limits you to a minute video). Once enabled it works beautifully, even on an iOS device  ;D

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »

We have both a DCS-930L and a DCS-932L.
Until today (when I relocated the 930) both MyDlink lite and MyDlink+ on the iPad worked fine for both cameras.
Now MyDlink lite still works as before, but on MyDlink+ the 930 is a victim of the "time out" monster, requiring hitting "Resume" after one minute.
Both cameras are set to UPnP=Enable, UPnP Port Forwarding=Disable.
The (WNDR3700) router has UPnP=On, and the router Portmap Table has
the 930 Int=80, Ext=54676 AND Int=443, Ext=8080, while
the 932 Int=80, Ext=443 AND Int=443, Ext=41991
Is there something that I can change to recover uninterrupted operation?
I should add that I don't really understand UPnP setting ...
Also, the MyDlink+ window for the 930 has the extra legends about timeout, while the 932 has nothing there
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:54:10 PM by acellier »

Beanodk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 12:13:42 AM »

I have the exact same problem. I can't view video feed via mydlink.com or mydlink+ (iPad app). mydlink lite works fine and I can log into the camera directly remotely.

Beanodk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 01:37:57 AM »

Ok, I seemed to have solved the problem.. almost.

I turned on UPNP on my router and also in the 932L settings, restarted the camera and then I finally got a video feed. But now the video feed is garbled if I watch from mydlink.com (both Firefox and MSIE) :(
Video feed via Mydlink Lite (the iPhone app) works fine and is not garbled. Havent tried the iPad app yet.

HELP!!

Beanodk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 11:39:25 PM »

A update for mydlink+ arrived yesterday which seemed to solve my problem :)