• March 28, 2024, 02:04:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Connection Issues on 1 PC (ok on others)  (Read 2415 times)

Touchdown

• Level 1 Member
Connection Issues on 1 PC (ok on others)
« on: January 26, 2012, 09:08:38 PM »

Been having some issues with one particular computer on my network lately.

It's a Windows 7 64 bit machine. It sees the drives with the Easy Search tool and I'm able to map it initially. I can click on the drive and see all my folders. However, when I try to click to go into one of the folders to see the files it will time out and Windows will eventually come back with a message saying the Network path is no longer available.

The DNS-323 functions properly on 3 other PC's on my home network.

I did have a virus on this machine that did some funky things with the Windows Firewall. I was able to remove the virus and get the firewall working again.

I'm thinking it might be a firewall issue on this machine, but I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting.

Any help would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 05:54:39 AM by Touchdown »

Touchdown

• Level 1 Member
Re: Connection Issues on 1 PC (ok on others)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 11:31:04 AM »

Resolved my issue.

In case anyone comes across this and has the same problem.

I had enabled Jumbo Frames on the NAS as well as on my NIC card. Not sure what the issue is, but I disabled those on both the NIC card and the NAS and all appears normal now.

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 05:48:44 AM »

I'm going to guess the switch in between the two devices either does does not support jumbo frame, or does not support the frame size you selected.

For jumbo frame to work, all devices in the network path through which the jumbo frames will travel, MUST support jumbo frame upto the frame size selected.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

Touchdown

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 11:28:55 AM »

I'm going to guess the switch in between the two devices either does does not support jumbo frame, or does not support the frame size you selected.

For jumbo frame to work, all devices in the network path through which the jumbo frames will travel, MUST support jumbo frame upto the frame size selected.

I think you're right. The switch between them is a Linksys E3000 Wireless router. I'm running DD-WRT firmware ontop of that and from what I understand DD-WRT doesn't' support Jumbo Frames